Thread poster: Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
United States
Local time: 13:04
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2008

I'm about o get my new intel mac and I'm trying to see what would be the best the options of running Trados on it. Has anyone tried using Virtualbox? How well does it run?

Johan Jongman
Johan Jongman  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 20:04
English to Dutch
+ ...
Perfect Nov 7, 2008

Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison wrote:

I'm about o get my new intel mac and I'm trying to see what would be the best the options of running Trados on it. Has anyone tried using Virtualbox? How well does it run?

I used to run VirtualBox under Linux. No problem at all with Trados (or any other CAT tool). Just install and use as you normally would under Windows.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtualbox and Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »