Thread poster: O María Elena Guerrero
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:02
English to French
All right + my input Nov 30, 2012

Misunderstanding cleared up!

To add my two euro cents on the topic and its resuscitation by Sara Polidoro, I am personally using Studio 2009 with Parallels Desktop 8 on a recent iMac with ample RAM, and it works fine, except for some general Windows 7/Parallels glitches in the application switching mechanism (it was even worse I believe in an older version of Parallels but isn't perfectly solved yet). It's very usable though. (I don't know about Studio 2011.)

I have als
... See more
Misunderstanding cleared up!

To add my two euro cents on the topic and its resuscitation by Sara Polidoro, I am personally using Studio 2009 with Parallels Desktop 8 on a recent iMac with ample RAM, and it works fine, except for some general Windows 7/Parallels glitches in the application switching mechanism (it was even worse I believe in an older version of Parallels but isn't perfectly solved yet). It's very usable though. (I don't know about Studio 2011.)

I have also acquired CafeTran recently, which is a native Mac app which handles Trados files (including sdlxliff and ttx). It looks nice but I haven't found the time to really experiment with it, yet. Haven't tried Swordfish.
Collapse

Mariusz Muszak
Mariusz Muszak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Studio on Parallels on Macbook Air Jan 7, 2014

Hi,

I didn't want to create a new topic so my question is:
Does it work?
If so: Which combination of hardware (Mac Version[year], Processor, RAM, SSD or HDD etc.) and software version (Windows 7 or 8, Studio 2009, 2011 or 2014, Office 2007, 2010 etc.)

Please, I'm considering to buy a new Macbook Air.

Petar Zivanic
Petar Zivanic  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
Top of the line... Jan 17, 2014

Mariusz Muszak wrote:

Hi,

I didn't want to create a new topic so my question is:
Does it work?
If so: Which combination of hardware (Mac Version[year], Processor, RAM, SSD or HDD etc.) and software version (Windows 7 or 8, Studio 2009, 2011 or 2014, Office 2007, 2010 etc.)

Please, I'm considering to buy a new Macbook Air.

I strongly recommend the so-called Build-to-Order configuration with i7 processor, at least 8 gigs of RAM and 256 gig SSD. Then get Parallels Desktop and install Windows 7, this setup will support virtually everything you'll ever need, both hardware- and software-wise. I have a Macbook Pro with similar specs and everything runs great, MemoQ, Trados, you name it.

Of course, there are tools that work on Macs, too, such as Wordfast Pro, CafeTran, Heartsome Translation Suite... hope this helps.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados for Macintosh

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »