Mac OS X: Mice jump :-(
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:13
Italian to German
Oct 24, 2003

On the new screen of my new Mac, the cursor every now and then jumps into a remote corner. I replaced the mouse by another, but the same thing happens. Both mice are Apple Pro Mouse with the red light underneath. How can I tame my mice's wanderlust?

Greetings from cold Italy
Martin

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Make the surface less slippery... Oct 24, 2003

and your mice will slow down!

I've found that even barely reflecting surfaces (my desk, if it's too clean increases dramatically the wanderlust of the mouse. It starts dancing polka!

AND... putting a sheet of opaque paper (or waiting for a bit of dust to settle) is much cheaper than getting a new mouse

HTH

PS The er
... See more
and your mice will slow down!

I've found that even barely reflecting surfaces (my desk, if it's too clean increases dramatically the wanderlust of the mouse. It starts dancing polka!

AND... putting a sheet of opaque paper (or waiting for a bit of dust to settle) is much cheaper than getting a new mouse

HTH

PS The erratic polka goes on both if I move the mouse around AND when I type, paying no attention to the little cutie... maybe that's it: it feels deserted and tries to attract our attention

Martin Schmurr wrote:

On the new screen of my new Mac, the cursor every now and then jumps into a remote corner. I replaced the mouse by another, but the same thing happens. Both mice are Apple Pro Mouse with the red light underneath. How can I tame my mice's wanderlust?

Greetings from cold Italy
Martin

[Edited at 2003-10-24 14:53]
Collapse

Martin Schmurr
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot Muja! Oct 24, 2003

now I've left the office and I'm at school in the staff room, but I'll try it out on Monday!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not use mouse pads with pictures Oct 24, 2003

if you use optical mice.
I had big problems with my Logitech optical mouse (on PC, but this does not matter), until I discovered, that the reason was the mouse pad I was using. It was a black and white comic picture. Now I use a simply blue one - the mouse is not jumping anymore...

Kind regards
Jerzy

Martin Schmurr
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jerzy! Oct 27, 2003

that did work! I don't use my mousepad anymore (ther was a cat on it, to boot), and it's OK!
By the way my European school received a delegation of Polish headmasters last week...

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
If you were a mouse... Oct 27, 2003

Martin Schmurr wrote:

that did work! I don't use my mousepad anymore (ther was a cat on it, to boot), and it's OK!
By the way my European school received a delegation of Polish headmasters last week...

... would you not jump when getting too near to a cat?!

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
no mousepad Oct 27, 2003

Charlotte Blank wrote:

... would you not jump when getting too near to a cat?!

LOL! By the way, I use a mousepad for pc, but not for mac, and I've never had such problems. No dancing mouse whatsoever (Martin, I'm sure you know the Italian saying "quando il gatto non c'è i topi ballano"... does it ring a bell? )

Martin Schmurr
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
well, my mouse started again, Oct 27, 2003

and this time it's the end: I've posted a thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/15314

[Edited at 2003-10-27 17:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac OS X: Mice jump :-(

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »