Rachel Chalaye
Rachel Chalaye  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:11
English to French
+ ...
Mar 19, 2010

Hello,

I need to use the Ernst dictionary on CD but I just swapped my PC for a Mac and unfortunately the CD-Rom of this very precious dictionary is not compatible with the Mac operating system.
Is there an online version of the Ernst (German-French)? like the Termium for example
Is there any other technical dictionary as comprehensive as the Ernst available for Mac?

PS: I don't know if it was such a good idea going for a mac as so many softwares seem to be
... See more
Hello,

I need to use the Ernst dictionary on CD but I just swapped my PC for a Mac and unfortunately the CD-Rom of this very precious dictionary is not compatible with the Mac operating system.
Is there an online version of the Ernst (German-French)? like the Termium for example
Is there any other technical dictionary as comprehensive as the Ernst available for Mac?

PS: I don't know if it was such a good idea going for a mac as so many softwares seem to be exclusively designed for windows operating systems. Still, I'm quite fond of my cute mac.

thanks for your help
Collapse

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Ernst: Wörterbuch der industriellen Technik not available for MAC Mar 19, 2010

bidou44 wrote:

Hello,

PS: I don't know if it was such a good idea going for a mac as so many softwares seem to be exclusively designed for windows operating systems. Still, I'm quite fond of my cute mac.

thanks for your help

Did you try if it works trough virtualisation (parallels & so far...)?

Rachel Chalaye
Rachel Chalaye  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 19, 2010

A friend told me about that. I'll try it. thanks for the advice

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ernst: Wörterbuch der industriellen Technik not available for MAC

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »