Issue with cursor when using Trados 2007 in Parallels
Thread poster: Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:14
Italian to English
Apr 19, 2010

I am having a small issue with using Trados (Freelance 2007) in Parallels and was wondering if someone could help.

I've been working on a project using Trados, and up until a short time ago I could move my cursor over the window with Trados (i.e. both Workbench and the window below containing the text) and over the icons in the dock at the bottom of my Mac screen.

Now something seems to have changed; I get the following message at the bottom left hand corner of the scre
... See more
I am having a small issue with using Trados (Freelance 2007) in Parallels and was wondering if someone could help.

I've been working on a project using Trados, and up until a short time ago I could move my cursor over the window with Trados (i.e. both Workbench and the window below containing the text) and over the icons in the dock at the bottom of my Mac screen.

Now something seems to have changed; I get the following message at the bottom left hand corner of the screen ("Premere ctrl+alt per rilasciare il mouse e la tastiera" - I suppose that translates as "press ctrl+alt to release mouse and keyboard"), and have to press ctrl+alt if I want to be able to move the cursor out of the Trados window and over my Mac icons in the dock.

I realise it's not a huge problem, but I do switch between Mac and Windows a lot, and to be able to do it without constantly pressing "ctrl+alt" would help me. I don't understand why this is happening either, since I haven't changed any settings.

TIA!!!
Collapse

Diana Cossato (X)
Diana Cossato (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Install Parallels tools Apr 19, 2010

I seem to recall that's what you have to do. You'll find the option to download them in one of the menus of Parallels. Sorry, can't check now, but it should be something under a similar name.

If your problem is not solved, I'll check as soon as I can.

Diana

Fiona Grace Peterson
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Apr 20, 2010

Thanks for your post, Diana. I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools, and it would seem this was successful, however it hasn't solved the problem.

Karolina Paszkowska
Karolina Paszkowska  Identity Verified
Belgium
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
Trados on Mac May 4, 2010

Dear,

Could you maybe advise how to install the Trados branch on Mac please?

I woudl be greatefull or help.
Cheers.

Fiona Grace Peterson
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
?? May 4, 2010

Hi Karolina,

I'm not sure I understand your question - do you want to know how to install Trados on Mac? Trados does not run on the Mac platform - you must first install a "virtual machine", where you install the Windows environment on Mac and so you can run Windows.

I use Parallels and find it good; VirtualBox is free but I think it is much more complicated.

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with cursor when using Trados 2007 in Parallels

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »