Enlarge fonts in task bars etc.?
Thread poster: pcovs
pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 10:11
English to Danish
Jan 26, 2011

I am installing my new iMac, but the font in the task bars etc. is so incredibly small that I have to zoom to about 1/4 of the original screen to not strain my eyes in order to read it.
In Windows there is a place you can go to select how big or small fonts should be used for such things, but I cannot seem to find anything like this on my Mac.

I hope someone can help me out, because this really isn't amusing! :-/

Angeles Mosquera
Angeles Mosquera
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
System Preferences Jan 26, 2011

Try it on System Preferences>Appearance>Turn off text smoothing for font sizes (number) and smaller

Good luck

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Jan 26, 2011

Thanks, but this doesn't work, as it really has nothing to do with the actual font size shown on the screen.

Angeles Mosquera
Angeles Mosquera
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
resolutions? Jan 26, 2011

I have never had this problem with my mac. I hope someone knows how to help you better...

[Edited at 2011-01-27 22:18 GMT]

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:11
English to French
+ ...
Guessing... Jan 27, 2011

In Windows, you would go to the control panel, chose "Display" and in the parameter, select a different resolution (not having to go as low as 640 x 480!)

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:11
English
+ ...
changing to a different resolution on the Mac Jan 27, 2011

Germaine wrote:

In Windows, you would go to the control panel, chose "Display" and in the parameter, select a different resolution (not having to go as low as 640 x 480!)
If changing the resolution is an option, the same can be done on the Mac in System Preferences, in the Displays control panel.

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 27, 2011

Of course - why didn't I think of that?
It works!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Enlarge fonts in task bars etc.?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »