Migrating TO3000 to TOM (or other Mac program)
Thread poster: Jeff Clingenpeel
Jeff Clingenpeel
Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:01
Member (2009)
German to English
May 3, 2011

Hello,

I'm planning to make a move from Windows to Mac OS soon, and am looking at TOM as a potential Mac-friendly translation accounting software. Does anyone have any experience migrating data from TO3000 to TOM (or to any other accounting software, such as QuickBooks)? I didn't find any way of importing data into TOM in the trial version (or see any obvious way of exporting TO3000 data to a format other than fdb if necessary). I don't want to lose all of my old data or have it acc
... See more
Hello,

I'm planning to make a move from Windows to Mac OS soon, and am looking at TOM as a potential Mac-friendly translation accounting software. Does anyone have any experience migrating data from TO3000 to TOM (or to any other accounting software, such as QuickBooks)? I didn't find any way of importing data into TOM in the trial version (or see any obvious way of exporting TO3000 data to a format other than fdb if necessary). I don't want to lose all of my old data or have it accessible only on an old, failing PC.

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jeff Clingenpeel
Collapse

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 10:01
Using of TO3000 on Mac OS Jun 21, 2011

Hello Jeff,

I would like to notice that you can run Translation Office 3000 on Mac OS using Parallels Desktop virtual machine software. The other common virtual machine software will be supported in the next version of TO3000.

Also if you have Intel-based Mac, you can use Boot Camp utility to install Windows on your Mac and then you will be able to install TO3000 there.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
... See more
Hello Jeff,

I would like to notice that you can run Translation Office 3000 on Mac OS using Parallels Desktop virtual machine software. The other common virtual machine software will be supported in the next version of TO3000.

Also if you have Intel-based Mac, you can use Boot Camp utility to install Windows on your Mac and then you will be able to install TO3000 there.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 10:01
TO3000 supports virtual machines now Oct 27, 2011

Dear Jeff,

I would like to inform you that we have released a new build of TO3000 that supports all common virtual machine software. Now you can run TO3000 on Macs and other platforms via virtual machines. You can download a new build of TO3000 from http://www.to3000.com/download

To update your TO3000, please click Help > Check for Updates or download the latest build of the progr
... See more
Dear Jeff,

I would like to inform you that we have released a new build of TO3000 that supports all common virtual machine software. Now you can run TO3000 on Macs and other platforms via virtual machines. You can download a new build of TO3000 from http://www.to3000.com/download

To update your TO3000, please click Help > Check for Updates or download the latest build of the program and install it over the current version of TO3000 without uninstalling of it.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrating TO3000 to TOM (or other Mac program)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »