Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 18:23
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2011

Hello

could anybody suggest some relatively easy to use website creation software ?

I've created a site with iWeb but am unhappy with not having access to some things I'd like to change (eg page/summary headlines) and have been unable to find workable answers to my problems on the net, so I think I'd rather start over with other software (software that would enable me to have a bilingual site).

TIA

P.S. I've only been using iWeb to create the s
... See more
Hello

could anybody suggest some relatively easy to use website creation software ?

I've created a site with iWeb but am unhappy with not having access to some things I'd like to change (eg page/summary headlines) and have been unable to find workable answers to my problems on the net, so I think I'd rather start over with other software (software that would enable me to have a bilingual site).

TIA

P.S. I've only been using iWeb to create the site, not to host it.

[Edited at 2011-09-16 11:15 GMT]
Collapse

Herman Boel (X)
Herman Boel (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:23
English to Dutch
+ ...
Kompozer Sep 16, 2011

I recommend Kompozer - make sure you use version 0.7 and not the most recent 0.8 which I have found to be full of bugs.

You can use both WYSIWYG and code.

Success!

- Herman -

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:23
English
+ ...
Maybe Sep 16, 2011

Maybe you can also try Adobe Muse (muse.adobe.com ). It’s in beta right now and so it’s free till the beginning of next year. It’s for professional designers but from what I’ve seen should be easy to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website creation software

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »