Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:33
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 12, 2012

Hi all,

I know this is not about a Mac troubleshoot, but it's an Apple product anyway...

I own an iPad 2 which I use for entertainment, communication, and also work (as a second monitor, mainly for proofreading). I never misused, it's been handled safely, in a dry place.

This morning, as usual, I woke up, checked e-mail messages, read my Twitter, browsed the web, turned it off and left. After lunch, I tried to turn it on and it didn't work. I tried the App
... See more
Hi all,

I know this is not about a Mac troubleshoot, but it's an Apple product anyway...

I own an iPad 2 which I use for entertainment, communication, and also work (as a second monitor, mainly for proofreading). I never misused, it's been handled safely, in a dry place.

This morning, as usual, I woke up, checked e-mail messages, read my Twitter, browsed the web, turned it off and left. After lunch, I tried to turn it on and it didn't work. I tried the Apple solution of pressing the front and upper buttons at the same time for a few seconds, and it reseted (this is called hard reset). Only thing was that I lost everything, data, everything, and had to configure it as it was brand new.

After doing that during the afternoon, I used it again, normally, and left for dinner. When I came back and tried to turn it on, it wouldn't start again, and I had to reset it AGAIN and configure everything AGAIN...

Has anyone had this problem before? What can it be? Now I'm saving all my backup on iCloud, just in case...
Collapse

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:33
English to German
+ ...
Have you searched any Apple support forums? Jan 13, 2012

There are a few proposed solutions out there. At any rate, it sounds like a battery problem or some other kind of hardware issue. I guess the best thing to do would be to take it to next Apple store and have them deal with it.

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:33
German to Spanish
Backup Jun 19, 2012

Heloisa Ferreira wrote:

I tried the Apple solution of pressing the front and upper buttons at the same time for a few seconds, and it reseted (this is called hard reset). Only thing was that I lost everything, data, everything, and had to configure it as it was brand new.

Always do a backup before the reset, all your data will be save, then, synchronize it with iTunes again...

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
English to Italian
+ ...
advices Dec 18, 2012

Fernando Toledo wrote:

Always do a backup before the reset, all your data will be save, then, synchronize it with iTunes again...

She said she had to hard reset the device because she was not able to turn it on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iPad2 won't turn on - over and over

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »