Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Advice needed: Migrate from PC to Mac?
Thread poster: Andy S
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 09:15
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yes Jan 8, 2013

Andrew Stucken wrote:
One last question: would an HP4215 all-in-one printer be compatible with a Mac?

But I don't know if all the apps that come with it for Windows will also work under OS X. The basic functions will work, however. Out of the box.

Cheers,

Hans

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:15
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Yes...probably Jan 9, 2013

Andrew Stucken wrote:

would an HP4215 all-in-one printer be compatible with a Mac?

Probably - see this link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03378792&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=351105&prodTypeId=18972

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Geniuses Jan 9, 2013

Worth adding that when something does go wrong you have to book an appointment with a "Genius" at your local Apple shop, not instant and not necessarily very "local" for everyone.

Yep, we use an (old) HP Officejet (all-in-one) for several PCs and a Mac and I spotted quite a nice looking black one in the Apple shop in Exeter the other day. Suggest you ring them if you want to know the exact model.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
What can go wrong? Jan 9, 2013

Lisa Simpson, MCIL wrote:

Worth adding that when something does go wrong you have to book an appointment with a "Genius" at your local Apple shop

What went wrong for you? I've never needed to speak to a genius, and if I did I certainly wouldn't go to an Apple Store ! (Delphi might be a better bet...)

I'm asking because I've never had anything go wrong with a Mac, except for once , many years ago during that bad period when Steve Jobs wasn't at Apple, when I bought a new Mac and discovered that the logic board was defective and had to be replaced. That was about 1997. Since then nothing else bad has ever happened.

At the beginning, when I was new to the MacOS, I found I had to spend a bit of time learning my way around it - but as I did so my amazement grew and grew - it was fantastic !

Still is !

In the very rare event that I run into a problem I can usually solve it in the Apple Discussion Forums- here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/os_x_mountain_lion

[Edited at 2013-01-09 09:01 GMT]

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
New motherboard Jan 9, 2013

Tom in London wrote:

Lisa Simpson, MCIL wrote:

Worth adding that when something does go wrong you have to book an appointment with a "Genius" at your local Apple shop

What went wrong for you?

Last year.

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:15
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/4#4 Jan 10, 2013

Could you please kindly stick to the point, according to rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/4#4 .

Thanks,

Emanuela

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice needed: Migrate from PC to Mac?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »