Multiterm and Apple Mac
Thread poster: Jennifer Byers
Jennifer Byers
Jennifer Byers  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
Portuguese to English
Mar 25, 2013

I cannot seem to find a keyboard shortcut - or any way - of adding terms from my translation into my termbase (using Mac OSX with Bootcamp etc.).
With Windows you can select the source and target term, right click and then select 'add term'... but I can't figure out how to do it on the Mac keyboard, nor can I find anything in the menus, when I'm in Editor, that will do it for me.
Anyone figured this out? Thanks.

Claus Sprick
Claus Sprick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:49
French to German
+ ...
works fine with me Mar 26, 2013

(IMac, Parallels 8.0, wireless keyboard):

Like in Windows, select the source and target term by subsequent left clicks, right click one of them and then select 'add term'.

Multiterm must be running and a termbase has to be activated, though.

Jennifer Byers
Jennifer Byers  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Mac beginner! Mar 26, 2013

Thanks Claus. Doh! I'm relatively new to the Mac and still trying to get all my settings right. I was 'clicking' on the right corner of the trackpad rather than tapping with two fingers, which is what the setting was. Thanks, will continue to learn!
Have you found a better way of Confirm & Move to Next Segment than using Ctrl+enter? Shift+enter doesn't work and the Ctrl button is on the left of the keyboard, so it's much more cumbersome.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm and Apple Mac

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »