Thread poster: 7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
Local time: 18:50
English to French
Jan 8, 2015

Hi everyone!

I would like to get an OCR software but I happen to use a Mac. If you know any that's free, I'm interested in giving it a go but I couldn't find any (DigitEyeOCR seemed to be the only option but is no longer supported by recent OS).
So what is a good yet not too onerous option?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Morgane.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Not free, but good... Jan 9, 2015

Early December I bought ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac OS X for EUR 57,98. It's very good.

Before that, I received this message from their Support:

Für Mac-System können wir Ihnen im Rahmen des technischen Supports lediglich ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Sprint for Mac kostenfrei zur Verfügung stellen, welche Sie sich unter folgendem Download-Link herunterladen können:... See more
Early December I bought ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac OS X for EUR 57,98. It's very good.

Before that, I received this message from their Support:

Für Mac-System können wir Ihnen im Rahmen des technischen Supports lediglich ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Sprint for Mac kostenfrei zur Verfügung stellen, welche Sie sich unter folgendem Download-Link herunterladen können:

http://www.abbyyeu.com/download/ArchivRetail/ABBYY_Retail_Products/FineReaderMAC/Sprint/ABBYYFineReaderSprintML.dmg
Collapse

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
Italian to English
+ ...
Same here Jan 10, 2015

I also bought Abbyy Finereader Express from the App Store for about the same price.

Hasn't let me down yet.

HTH

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Advantages of the pro version Jan 10, 2015

So basically ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Sprint is free? What is the advantage of the Pro version? I tried to convert from pdf to rtf, it's pretty good (except that it doesn't keep the pictures, does the Pro version do that?)

What about the FineReader Express, what are the advantages?

Regarding price, it's sold 99eur on the official website, around 90 on amazon, and the app is sold 120 dollars! Was it less expensive?

In any case, thank you for the upload, it will
... See more
So basically ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Sprint is free? What is the advantage of the Pro version? I tried to convert from pdf to rtf, it's pretty good (except that it doesn't keep the pictures, does the Pro version do that?)

What about the FineReader Express, what are the advantages?

Regarding price, it's sold 99eur on the official website, around 90 on amazon, and the app is sold 120 dollars! Was it less expensive?

In any case, thank you for the upload, it will definitely be helpful before in invest in something else!

[Edited at 2015-01-10 16:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-01-10 16:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-01-10 16:02 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OCR for Mac

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »