Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:30
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

Hello collegues,
I've just switched from Studio 2009 to Studio 2014.
I've installed it and everything looked fine.

But one of my clients, sending me sdlxliff files (they have studio 2014) get an error when they receive translated files from me and they cannot open the file.

This error is "Name cannot beging with ' ' character, hexadecimal...."

This is strange as later, I re-save the file and magically it is fine.

I usually do the
... See more
Hello collegues,
I've just switched from Studio 2009 to Studio 2014.
I've installed it and everything looked fine.

But one of my clients, sending me sdlxliff files (they have studio 2014) get an error when they receive translated files from me and they cannot open the file.

This error is "Name cannot beging with ' ' character, hexadecimal...."

This is strange as later, I re-save the file and magically it is fine.

I usually do the following:

- File > Translate Single Document
- Save (with the Disk icon or "save as")

It creates an SDLXLIFF file - an SDLPROJ file and a Folder (in italian it is Cartella di file). The SDLXLIFF file extension has the extension of the source original file (ex, xls, docx) while the SDLPROJ file extension is for instance en-GB_it-it (whih are source and target languages).

This is very annoying as I never know if the file is ok or not. This didn't jhappen with Studio 2009.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:30
Is it a Parallels issue? Sep 3, 2015

Hi Lucia,

I saw that you have also posted this question in the SDL forum. Perhaps someone will provide a solution there.

In the meantime: I'm not sure whether this perhaps is a Parallels Desktop (virtualisation) issue.

Where do you save your files: at the Mac side or at the Windows side (that is: inside the virtual machine)? Perhaps that is relevant here.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 running on Parallel 8

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »