ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:58
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 5, 2019

Hi there,
I already posted this question in the German forum but as I didn't get any answers, I'll try it here.
All of a sudden I seem to have a problem with the document view in Word. I received a translation back to add some paragraphs, but when I opened the document (which was formatted by my client), I noticed that I could no longer see the two little points on the Umlaute in upper case.
An example: Instead of «Übersicht», I now see «Ubersicht». This only occurs in th
... See more
Hi there,
I already posted this question in the German forum but as I didn't get any answers, I'll try it here.
All of a sudden I seem to have a problem with the document view in Word. I received a translation back to add some paragraphs, but when I opened the document (which was formatted by my client), I noticed that I could no longer see the two little points on the Umlaute in upper case.
An example: Instead of «Übersicht», I now see «Ubersicht». This only occurs in the document view and if printed, all is ok. Interestingly, I have this problem with both of my computers (iMac), but not with my Mac Laptop.
A couple of details:
My system: MacOS High Sierra
Font: Helvetica Light

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the document view?
Thank you in advance,
Irene

PS: I could just change the font, of course, but I don't want to do this as this could destroy my client's layout...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with document view

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »