Zeljko Susljic
Zeljko Susljic  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:21
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 21, 2005

Hello,
I have a CD from with QX for Mac file on it, but I can't touch it. I can see the names of all the files on the CD, but when I want to download it to my HD (I have a PC) or to attach it to email I get an error message "source file not found". Is it because it is Mac format or is the file corrupted?

I appreciate your answer.
Kind regards,
Zeljko

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TransMac Jun 21, 2005

Perhaps it's because Mac manages file names in a different way, and Windows can't read the name correctly. You can download TransMac or any other Mac/PC file transfer program, and then you will be able to download it to your HD. Also, don't forget to add the QXD extension to the file when it's already in your HD.

[Edited at 2005-06-21 22:17]

Zeljko Susljic
Belgium
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 21, 2005

Thank you very much, I will do this and see if it helps.

Kind regards,
Zeljko

Zeljko Susljic
Belgium
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 23, 2005

It didn't work for me, but then the client came through and sent us a QX file for PC.

Anyway, thanks to everybody that responded.

Kind regards,
Zeljko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QuarXpress for Mac

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »