macOS Catalina is out: 32-bit apps are no longer supported
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Oct 8, 2019

macOS Catalina is out and if you're still using 32-bit apps, e.g. dictionaries or other legacy software, you have to be aware that these are no longer supported.

With the free util Go64 from https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ you can easily check which programs on your Mac will be abandoned.

Here is a list of all apps on my iMac. I already have MS Office 365 installed, which is
... See more
macOS Catalina is out and if you're still using 32-bit apps, e.g. dictionaries or other legacy software, you have to be aware that these are no longer supported.

With the free util Go64 from https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ you can easily check which programs on your Mac will be abandoned.

Here is a list of all apps on my iMac. I already have MS Office 365 installed, which is 64-bit, but some valuable (and quite expensive) programs will need replacement. So I won't upgrade to Catalina right now.

The listed Parallels is an older version that I won't upgrade, since I've migrated to VMWare Fusion.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 08.45.59

I haven't been able to test CafeTran Espresso 10 Croissant on Catalina, but since the embedded Java is 64-bit (and it's not listed by Go64), I don't expect any compatibility problems here.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

macOS Catalina is out: 32-bit apps are no longer supported

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »