Using the iPad as an additional screen with Duet Display
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 30, 2020

Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro. My Thunderbolt display being the second screen.

You'll need to install Duet both on your Mac and on your iPad: https://www.duetdisplay.com

It uses a USB cable to connect and also works on older Macs and iPads (in contrast to Apple's own solution to connect the iPad to your Mac).

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.51.18

[Edited at 2020-03-30 11:03 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Surely... Mar 30, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Surely you can watch movies on your iPad without having it connected to your computer.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure ... Mar 30, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:
Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Surely you can watch movies on your iPad without having it connected to your computer.

Yes, but what do you mean? I've currently placed some of CafeTran Espresso's dialogue boxes on the iPad.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Spacedesk for Windows Mar 30, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Nice. I confirm that Spacedesk works for Windows + Android. Apparently you can also connect an Apple device to your Windows in this way, but I don't have an iPad to test that. In my test, I connected my phone to my computer, and I was able to the phone's touch screen to interact with elements on the screen (e.g. open the Start menu and run another program). The connection is via LAN, though (not USB).

https://spacedesk.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using the iPad as an additional screen with Duet Display

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »