FTP file download problem
Thread poster: Finn Mayhall
Finn Mayhall
Finn Mayhall  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:56
French to English
Apr 27, 2006

I have an ftp address that I want to download a file from but when I type the address, it bounces back to google. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Giuliana Criscuolo-Bruce
Giuliana Criscuolo-Bruce
Local time: 12:56
English to Italian
+ ...
Try pasting the ftp address in Internter Explorer Apr 27, 2006

Hi, it may be that your problem is different, but I have found that whenever you cannot access a ftp site directly by clicking on the address, you can open Explorer and paste the address there, and it works.
No harm in trying...
Giuliana

trad500
trad500
Local time: 12:56
English to French
Try NcFTP Apr 27, 2006

I've had huge problem trying to download from Internet Explorer. I installed NcFTP ( you can download it from the web for free) and it never let me down. One big advantage is that it lets you resume a download if the connection fails.

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 08:56
English
FTP bouncing to Google is odd. Apr 27, 2006

Did the URL begin with ftp://? Was it a URL you typed? A link on a Web page?

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 08:56
English
More on ftp Apr 27, 2006

Finn Mayhall wrote:

I have an ftp address that I want to download a file from but when I type the address, it bounces back to google. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

I see that you did type it. An ftp:// address that bounces back to Google sounds like something wrong at the server, or it was incorrect, hit an unknown page, and the site has something that sends you off to Google.

Finn Mayhall
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, started with ftp Apr 27, 2006

Yes it started with ftp. I've since tried it on a PC and it worked fine, but I'd like to get it to work on my Mac. Thanks for your help everybody.

Finn Mayhall
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, yes it was a URL I typed. Apr 27, 2006

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FTP file download problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »