memoQ 8.4 will only accept CAL licenses?
Thread poster: Maria Simmen
Maria Simmen
Maria Simmen
Germany
Local time: 14:49
English to German
+ ...
Apr 26, 2018

Right, I'll try and keep it brief, even though it's late and I'm fed up with memoQ right now.

I've got memoQ 8.4 installed, don't own a license. A client of mine wants to make an ELM license available to me, but my version insists on CAL. The options shown to me in the activation wizard are something along the lines of:

1) I'm a new user, ....
2) I've already got a serial number
3) I want to use CAL through the internal network

I just checked on
... See more
Right, I'll try and keep it brief, even though it's late and I'm fed up with memoQ right now.

I've got memoQ 8.4 installed, don't own a license. A client of mine wants to make an ELM license available to me, but my version insists on CAL. The options shown to me in the activation wizard are something along the lines of:

1) I'm a new user, ....
2) I've already got a serial number
3) I want to use CAL through the internal network

I just checked on my other laptop, same installation and there the options are

1) I wish to update my licenses from Kilgray's central server
2) I wish to update my ELM linceses...
3) I wish to configure CAL

So where is the option "I wish to configure ELM" in the installation on my new machine, please? And more importantly, why did it change in the first place? I'm 100% sure I didn't mess with the configuration.

Thanks and good night!
Collapse

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Germany
German to English
+ ...
No serial number? May 26, 2018

Even though this reply is late, it may still help for future projects:

Does your new memoQ installation have a serial number entered? I believe this is the reason, why it differs from your other laptop (which probably has a serial number). memoQ links any licenses to your serial number, so this would explain why ELM is not displayed as an option. I have no experience with CAL, but maybe it does not require a serial number.

In order to find this out, click on the blue "m
... See more
Even though this reply is late, it may still help for future projects:

Does your new memoQ installation have a serial number entered? I believe this is the reason, why it differs from your other laptop (which probably has a serial number). memoQ links any licenses to your serial number, so this would explain why ELM is not displayed as an option. I have no experience with CAL, but maybe it does not require a serial number.

In order to find this out, click on the blue "memoQ" button in the top left corner of the memoQ home screen.

If indeed there is not serial number, you can copy the serial number from your other laptop, changing the last digit to a "2". Hopefully, this will solve the problem.

You can find more precise instructions here: https://help.memoq.com/8-4/en/Places/change-serial-number.html

Greetings,
Chris
Collapse

Maria Simmen
Maria Simmen
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No serial number! But... Jun 4, 2018

Cheers for that, Chris!

You're right, my new memoQ installation (the one asking for a CAL license) does not have a serial number. But the option to change the serial is grey, so I can't use that either. I reckon this might be because I didn't purchase the software, I just downloaded it in order to use it with licenses provided by my clients - who only provide ELM licenses, sigh....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ 8.4 will only accept CAL licenses?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »