Thread poster: Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:10
English to German
Oct 21, 2020

Hi,
I got translation files from the client (xlf). When I import the files I have 2 problems.
1st - all the segments that should be already confirmed are not confirmed, even though the translation is in the target segment
2nd - I tested to confirm the existing translatins and tried to export the file back to the path, but every time a "create new project" window opens instead of exporting the file...

Why does this happen? I think it must have to do with the custome
... See more
Hi,
I got translation files from the client (xlf). When I import the files I have 2 problems.
1st - all the segments that should be already confirmed are not confirmed, even though the translation is in the target segment
2nd - I tested to confirm the existing translatins and tried to export the file back to the path, but every time a "create new project" window opens instead of exporting the file...

Why does this happen? I think it must have to do with the customer file not being prepared correctly?

Thanks for answers
Elvira
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:10
English to Russian
Try this Oct 21, 2020

https://ru.just-translate-it.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/XLF-files-in-MemoQ_ET.pdf

Elvira Schmid

Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:10
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 21, 2020

Thank you Stepan, will try this.
Elvira

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ tries to create a new project at export

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »