Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Thread poster: Tom in London
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:20
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Tigresses and their cubs couldn't be left out Dec 16, 2020

Thomas T. Frost
Rachel Fell
P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Daryo

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 19, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Okay, now IΒ΄m here with his check and I think I will better spend my Christmas in a safer place this year. Perhaps in Cairo.

FORGET IT! We'd rather receive Kalle Schwensen, he's got quite the CHICKS on him! You just have A check! So, unless you're ready to man up, grow some weed below your nose, dim the orbit and tow some gorgeous tails, the Sphinx ain't letting you pass!πŸ˜ƒ

Christopher SchrΓΆder
Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:20
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
You know... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:
grow some weed below your nose, dim the orbit and tow some gorgeous tails, the Sphinx ain't letting you pass!πŸ˜ƒ

... that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you? We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better. And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher SchrΓΆder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
The advantages of frivolity Dec 20, 2020

Doncha just love the expressions you learn on Tom's thread! Dim the orbit! Now there's one you don't hear every day! Not to mention towing tails! And I've heard of growing weed!, and in fact I did a bit of that a long time ago!, but I can't recall doing it below my nose!

And Kalle! Man, he sure has the chicks on him for sure! And the Sphinx is letting him pass! I told Kalle, I told him, Man! I said, man, you have the chicks on you, man! You're so towing the tails! Next thing we kno
... See more
Doncha just love the expressions you learn on Tom's thread! Dim the orbit! Now there's one you don't hear every day! Not to mention towing tails! And I've heard of growing weed!, and in fact I did a bit of that a long time ago!, but I can't recall doing it below my nose!

And Kalle! Man, he sure has the chicks on him for sure! And the Sphinx is letting him pass! I told Kalle, I told him, Man! I said, man, you have the chicks on you, man! You're so towing the tails! Next thing we know, you'll be dimming the orbit! Not to mention growing weed below your nose!

Know what he said, Kalle? He said, You know what! Why does everything have an exclamation mark at the end! And I said Kalle, Kalle, you did it yourself, mein Freund! And Kalle, he said, When did I do it! And I said, Just now! In fact, you did it twice! And he said, But now you're doing it too! And I said, Yes, but those were exclamations, not questions, Kalle! Like that one! Do you understand! And Kalle said, That last one wasn't a question! And I said Hey man, just dim the orbit, will ya? Let that Sphinx pass!
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Christopher SchrΓΆder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nice plot! Dec 20, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

mein Freund!

... but because Kalle is also a multicultural person, you know, Reeperbahn and St. Pauli, with all the gangs being attracted from elsewhere outside of Germany and even outside Europe, he could also understand the phrase "Kalle, ya sadiki!", which means nearly the same. [Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 15:50 GMT]

Christopher SchrΓΆder
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you?

No, my fencing buddy, this was the exact thread I intended.
Matthias Brombach wrote:
We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better.

This is your best? Typography? You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!πŸ˜ƒ Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!πŸ˜ƒ and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthias Brombach wrote:
And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?

You know exactly why! ProZ doesn't want to release on your group the full ballistic power that is me!πŸ˜ƒ So, they first give you a crack at my posts, provide you with enough time to find responses, then -bam- we're discussing Hieroglyphs and their effect on a particular German upper buttock!πŸ˜ƒ
Matthias Brombach wrote:
[Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

You need to go back and recheck with your friends! Sad[i]k[i] means my friend, correct, with 1) a swift e after the d, and 2) an e after the k to mean (my or mine); however, my Sadek is not the same as your intended Sadeek, where the former means honest and the latter means friend. In Arabic, the e is both pronounced and written after the d in friend, but only pronounced and never written after the d in honest. Now, are you paying for this class, or should I come to Kiel and release my full force?!!!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ

BTB, I have a hot one for you, let me know what day you're celebrating Xmas, it will be my gift to you!πŸ˜ƒ But, pack enough tampons, this thread is NOT fluid-proof!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher SchrΓΆder

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
One day... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
that you posted in the wrong thread, don't you?

No, my fencing buddy, this was the exact thread I intended.
Matthias Brombach wrote:
We can help you with the right-to-left issues you sometimes have with your PC. Perhaps I should read your post in that way and erase all the hieroglyphs you always put in, so that I can understand you better.

This is your best? Typography? You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!πŸ˜ƒ Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!πŸ˜ƒ and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthias Brombach wrote:
And why are your posts always so late? Are you being vetted and if so, why?

You know exactly why! ProZ doesn't want to release on your group the full ballistic power that is me!πŸ˜ƒ So, they first give you a crack at my posts, provide you with enough time to find responses, then -bam- we're discussing Hieroglyphs and their effect on a particular German upper buttock!πŸ˜ƒ
Matthias Brombach wrote:
[Arab.: sadiki = friend, as can be found in other Arabian words, i.e. Sadek = the friendly person, etc.]

You need to go back and recheck with your friends! Sad[i]k[i] means my friend, correct, with 1) a swift e after the d, and 2) an e after the k to mean (my or mine); however, my Sadek is not the same as your intended Sadeek, where the former means honest and the latter means friend. In Arabic, the e is both pronounced and written after the d in friend, but only pronounced and never written after the d in honest. Now, are you paying for this class, or should I come to Kiel and release my full force?!!!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ

BTB, I have a hot one for you, let me know what day you're celebrating Xmas, it will be my gift to you!πŸ˜ƒ But, pack enough tampons, this thread is NOT fluid-proof!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I had to babysit my nephew (5 years old) and my brother left the favorite movie of his son just in case he wouldnΒ΄t get asleep after all. The movie was dealing with cars acting as characters, that can become alive and grow to monster cars, and the dialogues and the tone they spoke now remind me of the above quotes. I think the movie was called "Transformers from outer space" or similar, but I canΒ΄t remember. After ten minutes I took the DVD out of the player to reread the same books we have read before.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher SchrΓΆder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Decrypt is right Dec 20, 2020

"You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!πŸ˜ƒ Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!πŸ˜ƒ and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You know, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, I'll rephrase that:

You know, I usually have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, that's not quite right either, so I'll rephrase it again:

You
... See more
"You're making all the Americans now go "we said it once and we say it again, that German dude is *HI"!πŸ˜ƒ Decrypt this*, tootsy-wootsy!πŸ˜ƒ and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You know, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, I'll rephrase that:

You know, I usually have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No, seriously, that's not quite right either, so I'll rephrase it again:

You know, I never have any idea what you're talking about.

If you tell me what stuff to take and how much, I might be in with a chance.

[Edited at 2020-12-20 18:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-12-21 09:31 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Kay Denney

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Dec 20, 2020

My fencing buddy, Matthias, the HI means Humor-Impaired; when faced with a joke you suddenly turn into one Reichsinspekteur.πŸ˜ƒ

Chill, dude. And, btw, we do have, and drink, beer. Whether it's alcohol-free or not is a matter of health-consciousness, and no one is telling you what kind of drink to have.

And, guys, seriously, don't you ever feel the least bit of shame when you counter-post against me several persons at a time like that?!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ You've never seen me sum
... See more
My fencing buddy, Matthias, the HI means Humor-Impaired; when faced with a joke you suddenly turn into one Reichsinspekteur.πŸ˜ƒ

Chill, dude. And, btw, we do have, and drink, beer. Whether it's alcohol-free or not is a matter of health-consciousness, and no one is telling you what kind of drink to have.

And, guys, seriously, don't you ever feel the least bit of shame when you counter-post against me several persons at a time like that?!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ You've never seen me summoning help, ever!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ The next time you do it I'm bringing my obelisks.πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sadek... Dec 20, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

If you tell me what stuff to take and how much, I might be in with a chance.

...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?

Christopher SchrΓΆder
Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Sadek...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?

Can't, coz I'll probably have to pay like 5 times the price you pay for it. I'm telling you, you get away with everything for cheap prices, believe me.

And, here I'm reconfirming, if you don't tell me what day you'll be celebrating, I won't be posting my latest zinger and Xmas will pass without you getting a gift from me. Your loss!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Typical right-to-left issue... Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Sadek...why don't you just have a nice pint of Guinness?

Can't, coz I'll probably have to pay like 5 times the price you pay for it. I'm telling you, you get away with everything for cheap prices, believe me.

...because, when assuming a price for a pint as much as USD 5,25 (which would be cheap here indeed, there you are right and sorry for exploiting you) and you read the price from right-to-left, as usual in your native language, and you pay it as such, then no wonder you pay 5 times the price I pay for it!

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 20:17 GMT]

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Okay, Sadek, I'll wait for you on Christmas Eve: Dec 20, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

And, here I'm reconfirming, if you don't tell me what day you'll be celebrating, I won't be posting my latest zinger* and Xmas will pass without you getting a gift from me. Your loss!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I assume you mean posting by postal mail. Okay, I'm not at home anyway and your parcel will then be dropped to my neighbours: They have lived their lives long enough and caused too much harm and I am covered by a very generous household insurance.

* https://www.kfc.de/produkte/Product/showDetail/p292-zinger-burger/

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-20 20:30 GMT]

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
USD 5,25...read right-to-left...pay 5 times

Wouldn't it be 26.25, genius?!πŸ˜ƒ
Matthias Brombach wrote:
They have lived their lives long enough and caused too much harm and I am covered by a very generous household insurance

So rude!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Why would I send a new one?πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Haven't you seen that huge brown plug of yours, why do you think it's so swollen?!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
And, wishing ill upon your neighbors?πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Outrageous!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ You should be spanked!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
Seriously, what day will that eve be? I will have to post earlier so it can take its due time being processed!

On a different note:
A technical question, do you really believe they were established in 1759?πŸ˜ƒ
Can you really imagine a muddy peasant in there going like "Gerab za bottlez n play wiz...Hic!...Teriiiiish, at Guinness nuts are alwayz...Hic!...fereeeeesh"!πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

[Edited at 2020-12-20 21:23 GMT]

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 20, 2020

Side note: If Guinness or anyone else is willing to use the above idea of mine for a commercial, I'm ready to sell.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »