SCAM: English tutor for Korean employees (Facebook ad)
Thread poster: Eddy Brosse
Eddy Brosse
Eddy Brosse
Thailand
Nov 4, 2020

*** Scam warning ***
If you reply to an #onlinead regarding the followings:
- Tutoring English online to Korean employees
- SK Corporation
- [email protected] (fake email not linked to the real Korean corporation)
- Jakub Glik / Henrik Simonsson - posing as HR Manager / Director (see picture attached)
- Lotto corporation (they left it by mistake on one of their websites)
- Incheon Consulate Service (also f
... See more
*** Scam warning ***
If you reply to an #onlinead regarding the followings:
- Tutoring English online to Korean employees
- SK Corporation
- [email protected] (fake email not linked to the real Korean corporation)
- Jakub Glik / Henrik Simonsson - posing as HR Manager / Director (see picture attached)
- Lotto corporation (they left it by mistake on one of their websites)
- Incheon Consulate Service (also fake and faking an email from the French Justice department)
- Incheon Global Courier Service (fake)
- incheonglobal.online (fake)
- Hathai Ratraweewong (name used for bank transfer payment in Thailand) - I have an email with this name and the bank account linked to the name

- DO NOT GO any further!
After what looks like a real recruitment process, interview via Skype, signed and stamped contract of employment etc... They will ask for a copy of your passport, personal details and ultimately a high fee to pay upfront for "Employee Certificate of Registration" which is when the 'penny dropped' for me!

Fee= 942,280 KRW = GBP 637 = $827 = Euros 710

They also promise you to deliver a MacBook before you start as part of your work tools!

I have to thank Lisa for her tweet (copy attached too), as this is the only report I found online when my alarm bells finally rang!

#scam #onlinescam #skcorp #teachingenglish #JakubGlik #SKcorporation #HenrikSimonssson #English #Tutor #cyberpolice #francepolice #uscybercrime Action Fraud #IncheonConsuleService #incheonbureauhq #IncheonGlobalOnline #HathaiRatraweewong
Collapse

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 04:21
English to Russian
+ ...
Nothing Nov 4, 2020

in a mass mail offer from a major corporation does, or can, look like "real recruitment process" unless one believes in Santa.

Any second spent after hitting "delete" and "mark as spam" upon seeing such message without opening is a waste of time.

Eddy Brosse wrote:

After what looks like a real recruitment process

Kevin Fulton
Liviu-Lee Roth

Eddy Brosse
Eddy Brosse
Thailand
TOPIC STARTER
No ''mass mail offer'' or it would have been too obvious Nov 5, 2020

IrinaN wrote:

in a mass mail offer from a major corporation does, or can, look like "real recruitment process" unless one believes in Santa.

Any second spent after hitting "delete" and "mark as spam" upon seeing such message without opening is a waste of time.

Eddy Brosse wrote:

After what looks like a real recruitment process

Thanks Irina. However I replied to a proper job advert and follow what looked like a typical recruitment that lasted around 3 weeks. These scammers are more savvy than average I'm afraid
Ta. Eddy

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
Scam Nov 5, 2020

Always be vigilant and check the authenticity of the websites!

Eddy Brosse
alex johnson (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SCAM: English tutor for Korean employees (Facebook ad)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »