Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:46
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2020

I just purchased a DeepL Pro subscription and downloaded the DeepL plugin for my Trados 2019. I live in the US, so I have been using the DeepL web-based translator when I use MT.

What I enjoy a lot about the web-based DeepL translator is that I can place my cursor in front of a word and a list of synonyms and alternate translations appear.

I don't seem to have that benefit when I use DeepL within Trados 2019.

Is there a setting I should choose in order t
... See more
I just purchased a DeepL Pro subscription and downloaded the DeepL plugin for my Trados 2019. I live in the US, so I have been using the DeepL web-based translator when I use MT.

What I enjoy a lot about the web-based DeepL translator is that I can place my cursor in front of a word and a list of synonyms and alternate translations appear.

I don't seem to have that benefit when I use DeepL within Trados 2019.

Is there a setting I should choose in order to have that functionality within Trados 2019?

I sent this question to DeepL support but received a pat answer that didn't address my question. It may be a question more suitable for SDL.

Thank you,
Daniel Salinero
Indio, California
Collapse

Olaniza
Olaniza  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:46
German to Polish
+ ...
And? Jan 17, 2021

Hi Daniel, have you found a solution to your answer? Is this option with a list of synonyms within Trados 2019 available?

Thank you
Aleksandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL Plugin for Trados 2019

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »