Victor Zhuang
Victor Zhuang  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:42
Member (2023)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2021

I have a termbase created on Trados that I want to import into SDL Language Cloud, but language cloud requires it to be in XDT format. As far as I can tell my Termbase doesn't come in such a format, and MultiTerm doesn't have the option to export as XDT either. Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks so much for the help.

[Edited at 2021-03-28 15:34 GMT]

Nobi Hayashi

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:42
English to Russian
Glossary Converter Mar 29, 2021

You can use Glossary Converter for this purpose. Press Settings-General-Output format-Multiterm xdt+xml-Ok. Then drag and drop your TB. Once done, an xdt file will appear in the same folder.

[Edited at 2021-03-29 00:25 GMT]

Victor Zhuang
Nobi Hayashi

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:42
English
Multiterm XDT Mar 29, 2021

Victor Zhuang wrote:

As far as I can tell my Termbase doesn't come in such a format, and MultiTerm doesn't have the option to export as XDT either. Am I missing something basic here?

Yes. An XDT file is the definition file for the termbase. So select "Definition" and save it... not export.

Victor Zhuang
Victor Zhuang  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:42
Member (2023)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cheers Apr 3, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

You can use Glossary Converter for this purpose. Press Settings-General-Output format-Multiterm xdt+xml-Ok. Then drag and drop your TB. Once done, an xdt file will appear in the same folder.

[Edited at 2021-03-29 00:25 GMT]

Thank you for the help. This worked for me.

Nobi Hayashi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Generate an XDT File from a Trados TB

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »