Marcel Gomez  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:12
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2021

Hello dear colleagues,

I am having a couple of issues with TM management filters:

1. Is there a way (a filter) to filter out segments that have same source as target? In my early days I pressed ctrl+Enter for everything; now I want to clean my TM. This seems so common that there should be a simple way.

2. I want to delete the entries by a particular user whose name I already forgot, so I tried to use filters to exclude the other users to leave out only his
... See more
Hello dear colleagues,

I am having a couple of issues with TM management filters:

1. Is there a way (a filter) to filter out segments that have same source as target? In my early days I pressed ctrl+Enter for everything; now I want to clean my TM. This seems so common that there should be a simple way.

2. I want to delete the entries by a particular user whose name I already forgot, so I tried to use filters to exclude the other users to leave out only his entries. Here you can check the attached picture. When I created the first condition to exclude entries created by USER-PC\USER it worked perfectly! But then, when I added the second condition to try to exclude the next user MABUS\ASUS it displayed nothing! And there are many other users who contributed to my TM so I don't understand what's going on.

2021-04-04

My Trados is SDL Trados Studio 2017 Professional
SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 - 14.1.10018.54792

Thank you in advance
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:12
English to Russian
Convert to TMX Apr 4, 2021

Marcel Karl Gomez Galarza wrote:
When I created the first condition to exclude entries created by USER-PC\USER it worked perfectly! But then, when I added the second condition to try to exclude the next user MABUS\ASUS it displayed nothing!
This is because each new condition applies to what already filtered. You are trying to find MABUS\ASUS among USER-PC\USER entries. There seems to be no Reset button in TM view, so just run search with empty fields before you apply a second condition.

What regards your first issue, unfortunately, the SDL TM management feature does not support regex. For your task you have to convert your TM into tmx. You can find a workaround here.
Find Paul's reply starting with "This is possible with Studio 2017". However this is the second half of the workaround. The first half goes below this reply and starts with words "Export to TMX and then open the TMX file...".
I mean you should first convert your sdlTM to TMX, open it in Editor as a translatable file (you will need appstore again to download a TMX filetype), and then filter by "Copied from source" using the advanced display filter. Once you are done with your edits, create a new blank TM and import your tmx as edited.

[Edited at 2021-04-04 17:41 GMT]

Jorge Payan
Recep Kurt

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memory Filters

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »