Hugues Roumier
France
Local time: 17:54
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
May 4, 2021

Hi there,

I am facing the well-known "Dependency file not found" error in SDL Trados 2019 when I want to generate a target translation. When I am asked if I want to manually browse for the document, click "yes" and go to the relevant folder, the document simply does not appear. Although the requested format is docx, and my source document is docx as well. Of course, when I go through normal browsing (not from Trados), the document appears normally in the relevant file.

... See more
Hi there,

I am facing the well-known "Dependency file not found" error in SDL Trados 2019 when I want to generate a target translation. When I am asked if I want to manually browse for the document, click "yes" and go to the relevant folder, the document simply does not appear. Although the requested format is docx, and my source document is docx as well. Of course, when I go through normal browsing (not from Trados), the document appears normally in the relevant file.

Does anyone know how to manually retrieve the source document, and solve the fact that it doesn't show up when I browse for it?
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check if All files is selected May 4, 2021

Hi, it seems you've had this problem before, so probably you checked this already, but still... do you select to view all files, not only the sdlxliff files?

Paulinho Fonseca

Hugues Roumier
Hugues Roumier
France
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found May 4, 2021

Thanks a lot!

the solution was very simple, I must be a little tired

Paulinho Fonseca

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:54
English to Russian
Is it just another post for the same issue described May 4, 2021

here?
If yes, why not add SOLVED in your both post titles?
Also, I think it could be useful for someone else in the future to know how you fixed it.

Thomas Pfann
Jorge Payan

Hugues Roumier
Hugues Roumier
France
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Stepan May 5, 2021

Hi Stepan,

No, it's two different issues. This one was about the dependency file not showing up when I browse for it from Trados, while my other post is about an issue related to "Generate target translation".

Regarding the dependency file, I simply selected to view all files, not only the sdlxliff files, and my docx was finally displayed and I could use it as a dependency file.

Stepan Konev

Natasa BUDISIN
Natasa BUDISIN
Member (2018)
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
I have the same issue - dependency file not found Jun 26, 2022

Can you, please, help me now?

When I click on 'Would you like to browse for this file'? I get some strange file name

Filip Látal
Filip Látal
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
click the file type selection field Jul 14, 2022

@Natasa
See Renée's reply above. AFAIK if you click the file type selection field, it contains three options: the strange file name, your actual source file name (e.g. document.docx) and "All files *.*". The strange file name is selected by default, which means you don't see any files in your folders while browsing for the source file. When you switch to one of the other options, you should be able to see your actual source file or all files in the folder, respectively.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SOLVED Dependency file not found

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »