Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 30, 2018

Hello everyone,

I have just installed Transit NXT SP10 Freelance with no error message and I'm using Win10 64 bit

Both with my customer's project and with the Transit example project I get the same errors.
Then I open a project I get the following three error messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path:
"c:\Users\Public\Documents\Transit NXT\config\global\DEF_ENG.RWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.HWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.TWD"
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have just installed Transit NXT SP10 Freelance with no error message and I'm using Win10 64 bit

Both with my customer's project and with the Transit example project I get the same errors.
Then I open a project I get the following three error messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path:
"c:\Users\Public\Documents\Transit NXT\config\global\DEF_ENG.RWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.HWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.TWD"

Then the project opens (Termstar (project dictionaries) appears). But when I choose a language pair, I get additional messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path to a file belonging to the project - for example

"C:\Users\Public\Document\Transit NXT\projects\Nxt_Word\About_Transit NXT.ENG", then the same error for file "About_Transit NXT.DEU"

When I browse to that location - all files including the ones that the error messages regard are there.
I tried reinstalling Transit, and rebooting Windows

I'd be very grateful for any help!

Best,

Estefanía
Collapse

Write protected? Nov 30, 2018

Hi Estefanía,

sound as if the folder is write protected (more or less).

Do you have any idea why?
When installing Transit, have you used all the folders suggested by the wizard or selected different folders at one point?

To be sure it this is the case, you can try to copy a file (whatever it is, e.g. a Word document) into that folder.
If that works, you ca then try if you can change and resave that file (e.g. open the Word doc, make same change
... See more
Hi Estefanía,

sound as if the folder is write protected (more or less).

Do you have any idea why?
When installing Transit, have you used all the folders suggested by the wizard or selected different folders at one point?

To be sure it this is the case, you can try to copy a file (whatever it is, e.g. a Word document) into that folder.
If that works, you ca then try if you can change and resave that file (e.g. open the Word doc, make same changes, save it).

Best regards,

O.N.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot create file" errors - Win10 64 bit, Transit NXT SP10 Freelance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »