Export button in Transit greyed out
Thread poster: Christine Kaspar (X)
Christine Kaspar (X)
Christine Kaspar (X)
Switzerland
Local time: 02:12
German to English
Nov 7, 2019

Hi, I was just compelled to purchase Transit NXT Freelance Pro by an agency. I followed the instructions for installing it on my laptop, and I can translate and save, and pack and unpack, but I cannot export the file - the button is greyed out. I'd really like to export the file so I have a formatted version for proofreading.

I've reviewed the user manuals without finding any advice for this particular problem. It's probably a simple setting but I have no guidance from the agency.
... See more
Hi, I was just compelled to purchase Transit NXT Freelance Pro by an agency. I followed the instructions for installing it on my laptop, and I can translate and save, and pack and unpack, but I cannot export the file - the button is greyed out. I'd really like to export the file so I have a formatted version for proofreading.

I've reviewed the user manuals without finding any advice for this particular problem. It's probably a simple setting but I have no guidance from the agency. Any ideas?
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Prepared project Nov 7, 2019

It is probably a project that has been prepared and packed by a customer, right?
If your customer did not pack the *.cod files in the project, you will not be able to export the project.

gayd (X)
gayd (X)
I also have Transit Nov 8, 2019

Christine Kaspar wrote:

I've reviewed the user manuals without finding any advice for this particular problem. It's probably a simple setting but I have no guidance from the agency. Any ideas?

I also have Transit. Could you please tell me where you found the user manuals
Thank you in advance

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Here Nov 8, 2019

David GAY wrote:

Thank you in advance

https://www.star-group.net/tr/downloads/transit-termstar-nxt/user-documentation.html

gayd (X)
gayd (X)
Thanks Hans Nov 8, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:

David GAY wrote:

Thank you in advance

https://www.star-group.net/tr/downloads/transit-termstar-nxt/user-documentation.html

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Ask for the .cod file Nov 8, 2019

Hi Christine,

The problem is probably the missing .cod files, as Geneviève has pointed out:

Geneviève Granger wrote:

It is probably a project that has been prepared and packed by a customer, right?
If your customer did not pack the *.cod files in the project, you will not be able to export the project.

If it is ok with the customer, you can always ask them to send you the .cod files separately and copy them into the project folder (the folder where your language pairs are). Then you should be able to export.

HTH
Iris

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Even with COD files, export isn't always possible Nov 8, 2019

Even with COD files, export isn't always possible, so I have noticed several times. I'm not sure if it was a configuration problem, caused by the client.

Christine Kaspar (X)
Christine Kaspar (X)
Switzerland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
STAR told me to use the Super User instead of Translator setting, and it works! Nov 8, 2019

Thanks to Geneviève, Iris, and Hans for your prompt replies. The .cod files were included in the project, nonetheless the Export button wouldn't activate.

I contacted the STAR Team in Switzerland with my issue and after some back and forth they suggested I use the user role "super user". Guess what - the buttons are active now.

Case solved!

[Edited at 2019-11-08 13:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export button in Transit greyed out

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »