Is there a way to Confirm and automatically go to the next Translated Segment?
Thread poster: Ginnine Robar
Ginnine Robar
Ginnine Robar  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2012)
French to English
Jan 8, 2020

I frequently work on translation tasks that are several hundred segments long with a large percentage of the segments already translated using the extensive TM. I need to both translate the new/fuzzy segments and proofread the pre-confirmed 100% matches.

I am losing so much time whenever I confirm any segment (new or 100%) because when I hit Alt+INS, Transit automatically skips down over dozens (or even hundreds) of pre-confirmed segments to the next untranslated segment. Then I hav
... See more
I frequently work on translation tasks that are several hundred segments long with a large percentage of the segments already translated using the extensive TM. I need to both translate the new/fuzzy segments and proofread the pre-confirmed 100% matches.

I am losing so much time whenever I confirm any segment (new or 100%) because when I hit Alt+INS, Transit automatically skips down over dozens (or even hundreds) of pre-confirmed segments to the next untranslated segment. Then I have to scroll way back up through the document and try to figure out where I left off.

In Trados, you have the option to confirm and go to the next untranslated segment (CTRL+ENTER) or confirm and go to the next segment (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), does anything like this exist in Transit?

I have been scouring the program settings and google for a solution to this for 3 years to no avail. Has anyone found this setting or a workaround for this situation? Is it possible maybe to confirm a segment and just stay on that segment without jumping anywhere?
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:39
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Use the revision function Jan 8, 2020

What I prefer to do is first translate what has not been pretranslated and then revise only after the whole document. For revising, go to the higher revision level under Review > Proofreading > On/Off > [Choose the level of your choice]. You can then use exactly the same key combinations as for translating.
If you want to yet translate and revise at the same time, use during translating a higher revision level than the status of the pretranslated segments – they usually marked as "transl
... See more
What I prefer to do is first translate what has not been pretranslated and then revise only after the whole document. For revising, go to the higher revision level under Review > Proofreading > On/Off > [Choose the level of your choice]. You can then use exactly the same key combinations as for translating.
If you want to yet translate and revise at the same time, use during translating a higher revision level than the status of the pretranslated segments – they usually marked as "translated", thus you can normally choose any of the levels (start eg. with the "Spellcheck" level). To revise the whole document afterwards, you can then use yet a higher revision level (Eg. "Check1"). To revise only the newly translate segments after processing the whole file, you can use a filter to isolate them.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Christopher Schmidt

Ginnine Robar
Ginnine Robar  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Works perfectly Jan 21, 2020

Thanks! You're a life saver. This is just the workaround I was hoping for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to Confirm and automatically go to the next Translated Segment?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »