U.S. Translation Company is looking for English to Japanese Translators for an potential translation project of 50K words. It is heavy on chemical vocabulary and therefore needs someone who specializes in Chemical Engineering. While it may happen that the project falls through, we are in need of expanding our Japanese translator database for other Japanese related projects, so if onboarded please note that we are looking for long-term collaboration.
Note that you will need to do an unpaid translation sample test to participate in the 50K word project, it is 412 words.
Please provide the following:
- Educational Degree and where it was obtained
- Years of professional experience doing translations (volunteer work and interpretation do NOT count)
- Knowledge of CAT Tools (MemoQ,Trados, etc.)
- If you have a current MemoQ license
- How fast can you translate 2,000 words at high quality
- Your rates for proofreading/translating
- Translation rate per word
- Proofreading rate per word
- Fuzzy rates
Rush translation rate per word
Machine Translation Post Editing (MTPE) rate
Note: We do not pay minimum fees, let us know if you have any more questions about this.
- Languages that you know specify the level of proficiency and which language is your 1st language. It also helps to tell us how you were able to learn those languages.
- Area of Expertise (i.e., Subject Matters: Technology, Education, Medicine, etc.)
- Time Zone
- 3 Email References (People who have experienced your translating/proofreading work)
- Languages that you would translate/proofread (Ex: ENG->SPA, SPA->ENG, GER->ENG, etc.)
Note: If you could translate/proofread other languages but would prefer to just do one language to another, put that down instead of listing all possible languages that you can do.
**You will be asked to provide an UNPAID sample**
If you believe you would qualify or are interested in this position, please send the information listed above to [HIDDEN] with the title of this job posting in the subject line. DON'T APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE QUOTE SECTION AS THAT WILL LEAD TO INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION.
*no phone inquiries, only emails. Will not answer phone calls.