Thread poster: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:49
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 22, 2007

A panel debate took place at the ATA conference last month. If anyone from Proz attended, please post your impression here!

/Jan
------------------
The Merits of Using a Mac in a PC-centric Translation World

Yves M. Averous, Christine Lemor-Drake, Michael Metzger, and Catherine Theilen-Burke
Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm - All Levels

The focus of this interactive panel will be the use of Apple's computers and technology in translation. The founder
... See more
A panel debate took place at the ATA conference last month. If anyone from Proz attended, please post your impression here!

/Jan
------------------

Yves M. Averous, Christine Lemor-Drake, Michael Metzger, and Catherine Theilen-Burke
Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm - All Levels

The focus of this interactive panel will be the use of Apple's computers and technology in translation. The founders of the Northern California Translators Association's Macintosh user group, TransMUG, will be joined by experts from Apple to discuss the best and latest tools available. Please join us for a sure-to-be-lively discussion on the challenges arising from using Macs in a PC-centric translation world, and the creative solutions offered by advanced technology from Apple. What better place than the Bay Area, birthplace of Apple, to have this discussion!

Taken from http://www.atanet.org/conf/2007/abstracts.htm
The abstract has been posted here:
http://transmug.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/the-merits-of-using-a-mac.pdf
http://transmug.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/preaching-to-a-big-choir/

[Edited at 2007-11-22 12:33]
Collapse

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Intel Macs Nov 23, 2007

With the new Intel Macs, the incentive for OSX-Native translation software have dwindled even more, so I doubt we will see Trados for Mac or (I wish) DejaVu for Mac. Fortunately we have Parallels and Bootcamp as workable alternatives.

I already sold my PC hardware and got two Macs - a Mini for my desk, a Macbook for my couch- and am using Trados in Parallels. Both are a delight to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »