changing language pair
Thread poster: Jean-Gabriel Piette
Jean-Gabriel Piette
Jean-Gabriel Piette  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Aug 7, 2006

I started a translation in SDLX and I just found that I made a mistake choosing my language pair. I wonder if it is possible to revert that.

SDL 2006 Build 6010

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:59
English to Polish
+ ...
Perhaps there is a better way, but I am accustomed to it. Aug 7, 2006

Export to txt, globally replace in text file (eg. EN-US -> *$*, PL-PL -> EN-US, *$* -> PL-PL) and import.

OK, Sorry I do it in TRADOS. I see in SDLX there IS a better way.

[Edited at 2006-08-07 18:09]

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Switchboard > Utilities > Change language tab Aug 7, 2006

Switchboard > Utilities > Change language tab

I have SDLX 2005 Elite on my machine, but it should also work with SDLX 2006.

Wojtek

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Moved the topic... Aug 7, 2006

to CAT Tools Technical Help, as the SDL Trados forum is dedicated to Trados applications.

Regards
Jerzy

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:59
English to Turkish
+ ...
What about a SDLX forum? Aug 7, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Moved the topic...

to CAT Tools Technical Help, as the SDL Trados forum is dedicated to Trados applications.

Regards
Jerzy

I see that there are many users of SDLX here in ProZ.com. So it may be a good idea to rename the SDL Trados forum only as Trados forum and to open a new forum for SDLX users. Any ideas?

I know that SDL owns both SDLX and Trados and that these two tools can share databases, etc. However, if the SDL Trados forum is dedicated only to Trados, then why not create a new forum.

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Wasn't this forum supposed to be used for both applications? Aug 8, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Moved the topic...

Regards
Jerzy

Sorry for the OT posting but I was under the impression that the SDL Trados forum was supposed to be used for both, SDLX and Trados, since it has been renamed from 'Trados' to 'SDL Trados' (which is the name of the suite that contains both applications) and I have seen SDLX postings being moved to this forum for this reason (e.g. http://www.proz.com/post/311919#311919).

Could one of the moderators please clarify on this?

I do agree with Selcuk though that a separate forum dedicated only to SDLX might be a good idea because the problems that SDLX users do normally come across don't have much in common with the typical Trados problems.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

changing language pair

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »