Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
What if the asker chooses the obviously wrong answer?
Thread poster: LoyalTrans
Angel Yamada (X)
Angel Yamada (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Agree Mar 26, 2008

LoyalTrans wrote:

Bin Tiede wrote:

It bothers only the one who has provieded the "correct" answer. Should we view it as a matter of self-pride rather than academic incorrectness?

I am afraid that, for me at least, it is more of a matter of hurt pride.

I really don't care if the asker chose the wrong one, he/she will sooner or later learn the lesson in the hard way. Just a bit humiliating that some stupid answer goes beyond mine (and I am talking about no-brainer rather than situations where there can be multiple options which are equally right).

I joined proz.com a couple of weeks ago and I am feeling the same frutstration some times. In one case, the other colleague who proposed an answer for the same question, suggested that mine was the term used in the industry, but the asker selected his.

The only satisfaction I can find is to filter that asker so that I will never waste time again with him.

[Edited at 2008-03-26 00:42]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What if the asker chooses the obviously wrong answer?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »