Thread poster: Laurence Fogarty
Laurence Fogarty
Laurence Fogarty  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2022

Recently I worked on a project for a client who provides a TIPP option for source d/load. So I tried this for the first time last week, as TIPP is indicated for memoQ. However, though memoQ imported everything and the job was finished as per usual, returning the finished package was in the end not possible. After several efforts, I found a reference on the mQdocs helpsite saying "Can't create TIPP package: currently, memoQ cannot generate a TIPP package. It can import TIPP packages and export re... See more
Recently I worked on a project for a client who provides a TIPP option for source d/load. So I tried this for the first time last week, as TIPP is indicated for memoQ. However, though memoQ imported everything and the job was finished as per usual, returning the finished package was in the end not possible. After several efforts, I found a reference on the mQdocs helpsite saying "Can't create TIPP package: currently, memoQ cannot generate a TIPP package. It can import TIPP packages and export response packages."
That is exactly what happened, the memoQ output file was named "response-to-[project name]" and was impossible to upload to the client's portal.

So I guess the TIPP option is to be avoided with memoQ until further notice. That would be my recommendation for now at least. Does anyone else have any experience of this problem, or know of any workarounds?

TIA,
Laurence Fogarty.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Here Mar 30, 2022

Laurence Fogarty wrote:
So I guess the TIPP option is to be avoided with memoQ until further notice. That would be my recommendation for now at least. Does anyone else have any experience of this problem, or know of any workarounds?

Here are my adventures with TIPP:
https://www.proz.com/forum/xtm_cloud_support/306731-dealing_with_tipp_files.html

Laurence Fogarty
Laurence Fogarty  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting Samuel Mar 30, 2022

..to see that someone else has tried the TIPP option. But as the person who responded to your post says, "If your CAT tool supports TIPP...." But memoQ says it does, yet on the memQdocs site also says the program is unable to create export TIPP packages....so it might need a message to their support to clarify this. (I recently renewed my support so have to take advantage every now and again..)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with memoQ & TIPP packages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »