Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has luck/destiny/fate played a role in your translation career?
Auteur du fil: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brésil
Local time: 03:34
Membre (2014)
anglais vers portugais
+ ...
Yes, perhaps Dec 28, 2015

I Always thought I had to go standard and get na in-house job in my professional area. This went on for over 20 years, and during that time, translation was my second job, alway na extra.
In 2013, I was dismissed at the age of 45, and the best job offers I got paid me half of what I made in my previous job. The Market is down in Brazil, which makes it even worse. So, after a few months, I gave up sending CV's around, and decided to dedicate myself to translations full time.
It was si
... See more
I Always thought I had to go standard and get na in-house job in my professional area. This went on for over 20 years, and during that time, translation was my second job, alway na extra.
In 2013, I was dismissed at the age of 45, and the best job offers I got paid me half of what I made in my previous job. The Market is down in Brazil, which makes it even worse. So, after a few months, I gave up sending CV's around, and decided to dedicate myself to translations full time.
It was simply the best thing I did in my life, professionally speaking. I regret not doing that 20 years ago. I make twice as much Money, working whenever I want, in my place, with no boss, no routine, no company procedures or code of ethics...
I guess you can call that a touch of destiny?
Collapse

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japon
Local time: 15:34
Membre (2011)
japonais vers anglais
Been a bad year for various reasons Dec 28, 2015

'Born Under a Bad Sign' by the Pat Travers Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVHguh6vnw

Enjoy some 80's hard rock! If you want to tempt providence, that is

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Danemark
Local time: 08:34
danois vers anglais
+ ...
No... a whole string of deliberate choices Dec 28, 2015

I wanted to be an interpreter when I was a young teenager, and always imagined that my future work would involve communicating in several languages. My entire worklife and education have been based on that desire, and the choices I have made over the years have brought me where I am today. Choices and hard work.

And p.s. I also believe in the touch of God on our lives, but I happen to believe that he enables us to make our own decisions and helps us enhance our skills and find the r
... See more
I wanted to be an interpreter when I was a young teenager, and always imagined that my future work would involve communicating in several languages. My entire worklife and education have been based on that desire, and the choices I have made over the years have brought me where I am today. Choices and hard work.

And p.s. I also believe in the touch of God on our lives, but I happen to believe that he enables us to make our own decisions and helps us enhance our skills and find the right opportunities.

That's not destiny, luck or fate; it's love from above...
Collapse

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 08:34
Membre (2006)
allemand vers anglais
Ouch Dec 28, 2015

Julian Holmes wrote:

'Born Under a Bad Sign' by the Pat Travers Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVHguh6vnw

Enjoy some 80's hard rock! If you want to tempt providence, that is

That hurt.....☺

Although I am getting on, that is a bit before my time of Jean Michel Jarre....

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has luck/destiny/fate played a role in your translation career?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »