Thread poster: Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 24, 2020

Hi All,

I am doing a study about CAT tools for for the translation of video subtitles. I am doing a very initial survey. It is only 4 questions that will not take more than 2 minutes to answer. I appreciate your kind contribution.

This is the servery:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/95MLK9S

Armine Abelyan
Armine Abelyan
Armenia
Local time: 06:40
English to Armenian
+ ...
Welcome Apr 24, 2020

Enjoy, I have answered.

Karim Mohamed

Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Apr 24, 2020

Armine Abelyan wrote:

Enjoy, I have answered.

Thank you very much. Really appreciated.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 04:40
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Your survey is flawed Apr 24, 2020

Question 3 is a 'free' answer, which in my case was 'none'

In this case, your Question 4 is nonsense — because it presupposes you do use a CAT tool! Either Question 3 should have a 'none' option, in which case Question 4 could be adapted to offer suitable answers; or else Question 3 could be modified "...if you use one, or if not, please explain why not?"

As it stands, the results are somewhat meaningless — I imagine I'm probably far from being the only translator
... See more
Question 3 is a 'free' answer, which in my case was 'none'

In this case, your Question 4 is nonsense — because it presupposes you do use a CAT tool! Either Question 3 should have a 'none' option, in which case Question 4 could be adapted to offer suitable answers; or else Question 3 could be modified "...if you use one, or if not, please explain why not?"

As it stands, the results are somewhat meaningless — I imagine I'm probably far from being the only translator who would not use a CAT tool for translating subtitles — no doubt for reasons that would actually be far more informative for your research!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am making a study about CAT tools for the translation of video subtitles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »