Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 22:21
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 23, 2012

Hello,

I apologize in advance if my question may sound somewhat dumb. Here is the situation:
Last week I noticed that one the agencies I collaborate with has created a ProZ.com account; I contacted them to request a WWA entry, got one, and wanted to return the favour since I did have all-positive experience working with them.

However, I did not find my outsourcer's name when searching the BB. There's an option "Add an outsourcer not currently listed to the Blue B
... See more
Hello,

I apologize in advance if my question may sound somewhat dumb. Here is the situation:
Last week I noticed that one the agencies I collaborate with has created a ProZ.com account; I contacted them to request a WWA entry, got one, and wanted to return the favour since I did have all-positive experience working with them.

However, I did not find my outsourcer's name when searching the BB. There's an option "Add an outsourcer not currently listed to the Blue Board" but I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. Should I wait for the outsourcer to register/add themselves to the Blue Board first? How is this supposed to work?

Thanking you in advance for your help & comments...
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:21
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Add them yourself Aug 23, 2012

Yes, you can add outsourcers to the BB yourself, just use the link you mentioned, that is what it is for.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:21
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Adding a record to the Blue Board Aug 23, 2012

Hello Alexandra,

As Katalin pointed out, you can add a record to the Blue Board from this page: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=add . Make sure to add comprehensive information in the record you add, to avoid confusion. Note that new Blue Board records are reviewed by site staff before they are made visible, so it may take a while until the record you create is public.
... See more
Hello Alexandra,

As Katalin pointed out, you can add a record to the Blue Board from this page: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=add . Make sure to add comprehensive information in the record you add, to avoid confusion. Note that new Blue Board records are reviewed by site staff before they are made visible, so it may take a while until the record you create is public.

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Cyprus
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you )) Aug 23, 2012

Oh, I see. Thank you so much for your kind help. I was sort of hesitant to just go and create a BB record for a company that is not mine, as it involves providing all these details I was not sure about. Let's say there are several email addresses and few phone numbers - how can I decide which one to post? But I guess it can be edited later on? Anyway, thanks a lot. Have a nice day ))

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:21
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Main office contact details Aug 23, 2012

Alexandra Schneeuhr wrote:
Let's say there are several email addresses and few phone numbers - how can I decide which one to post?

Each company always has a main office, so please add it's contact details. And yes, the contact data can be edited afterwards.

Natalia

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Cyprus
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it ) Aug 24, 2012

Thank you, Natalie!

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Polish to English
+ ...
Adding agencies to Blue Board Aug 25, 2012

Does it mean I can also add an agency to the Blue Board if I want to post a negative review?

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes, you can enter any outsourcer Aug 25, 2012

Yes, you can enter any outsourcer, that is not on the BB, if you have their info.
You can do that without posting an evaluation. For example, you get an email from an unknown outsourcer, you try to check them out on the BB, and they are not there. You can add them, and then you can use the "Call for entries" button to invite people to post entries.
You can post positive or negative entries to any outsourcer, as long as it is according to the rules, including: you have actually worke
... See more
Yes, you can enter any outsourcer, that is not on the BB, if you have their info.
You can do that without posting an evaluation. For example, you get an email from an unknown outsourcer, you try to check them out on the BB, and they are not there. You can add them, and then you can use the "Call for entries" button to invite people to post entries.
You can post positive or negative entries to any outsourcer, as long as it is according to the rules, including: you have actually worked for them, and there were no quality complaints.
Katalin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Posting LWA for an outsourcer not currently listed to the Blue Board

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »