Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues
Thread poster: Jon Peck
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Maps in profiles enabled Mar 9, 2009

Hi again, Darío.

I just want to inform you that maps are enabled in profiles now and that your profile should show the green tick associated with profile completeness (100% complete).

If the green tick does not show, make sure your map location is set in your Profile Updater.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Bests,

Lucia

Darío Giménez
Darío Giménez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Mar 9, 2009

Seems all OK now.

Thanks, Lucía!

D.

Andrea Sartori-Griffiths
Andrea Sartori-Griffiths  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bilingual speakers Mar 10, 2009

A month ago I joined and the new browser was up, so I cannot comment on the previous one. I joined Proz, precisely because the browser seemed like the webpage is about professionals for professionals. Other websites don't have the features that one can see 'these people know what they are doing' and it makes you feel like you're going to pay and not get returns: Here it is plain to see that there are forums, and the Kudos are really great. It makes you see people are working, and gives you a sen... See more
A month ago I joined and the new browser was up, so I cannot comment on the previous one. I joined Proz, precisely because the browser seemed like the webpage is about professionals for professionals. Other websites don't have the features that one can see 'these people know what they are doing' and it makes you feel like you're going to pay and not get returns: Here it is plain to see that there are forums, and the Kudos are really great. It makes you see people are working, and gives you a sense of not working alone.

Another note- When I joined there was space for only one native language. Since I grew up with two, I am lucky to call myself bilingual. THe webpage was repaired within a day, and my 'second' language was also added as a first, together with my dominant bilingual. This sort of service is what makes it all worthwhile.
Collapse

Ashima
Ashima  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:24
German to English
+ ...
hiding email-id & payal id? Mar 10, 2009

How should i go about this problem??

If i want to hide my address, email-id, paypal id from a certain non-paying user on the site ...Is it posssible to do?? specially email id & paypal id from being viewed by some unwanted..

Pls, let me know about it !!

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards

Ashima

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Visibility permissions for profile information Mar 11, 2009

Hi Ashima,

Ashima wrote:
If i want to hide my address, email-id, paypal id from a certain non-paying user on the site ...Is it posssible to do??

Visibility permissions can be specified for almost every field in profiles. To set visibility permissions for your address, go to the Contact section of your Profile Updater and select among all possible "Show to" options: Show to everyone, show to outsourcers only or show to no one (for use in filters).

Note that neither PayPal email addresses nor personal email addresses are made visible to profile visitors. This is designed as a means of security, to protect email addresses from spammers, and is why the profile email sending function (the little envelope at the top of profiles) and the link to PayPal homepage (below the envelope at the top of profiles) are used.

However, visitors may click on PayPal links at the top of profiles and be re-directed to PayPal homepage and thus see PayPal email addresses there. So, visibility permissions can also be specified for PayPal links at the top of profiles by selecting among the visibility options specified above in the Financial section of the Profile Updater.

Hope this helps!

Bests,

Lucia

Nadia Ayoub
Nadia Ayoub  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
Updating "Memberships" Mar 13, 2009

Dear Jon,

I can't find where I can update my "Memberships" status on this new profile updater.

Could you please help me about this?

Many thanks,

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Memberships Mar 13, 2009

Hello Nadia,

You can report memberships/affiliations with language-focused organizations here.

Hope this helps!

Bests,

Lucia

Nadia Ayoub
Nadia Ayoub  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks! Mar 19, 2009

Thank you Lucia for your precious help!

Nadia

Ashima
Ashima  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:24
German to English
+ ...
thanks !!! Mar 19, 2009

Thank you Lucia...it was really helpful..

Kind regards,
Ashima

Shabbir Limbada
Shabbir Limbada  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
acceptence of Multiple currancies. Apr 7, 2009

As the dollar is very volatile at the moment,I tried to update my rates and add other currencies that I am prepared to accept,but to my astonishment you can only put one preferred currency.How can one add other currencies on to the list? please advise.
Thanks.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Rates in one main currency Apr 7, 2009

Hello Terjumaan!

As you already noticed, you can specify one main currency accepted for your rates.

However, you may specify other currencies accepted in the About me section of your profile.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Updaing CV Apr 10, 2009

I can't find where to update my CV any more. In fact, I'm not happy at all with the new Profile Updater...I'd much rather see everything on one page.

CANIMAT
CANIMAT
Türkiye
English to Turkish
help-i cannot update :( Apr 17, 2009

Hi,
I am trying to add some new information to my profile but everytime i click on save , there is no change in my profile. Why?

Svetlana Nash
Svetlana Nash
United States
Local time: 15:54
English to Russian
+ ...
Profile update May 2, 2009

Hi!

Same question as before - trying to edit my Software section, press Save but I can't see the changes I made. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
CV upload from Profile Updater May 6, 2009

Hi Amy,

I deeply apologize for the delay in my reply.

Amy Duncan wrote:

I can't find where to update my CV any more. In fact, I'm not happy at all with the new Profile Updater...I'd much rather see everything on one page.

To update your CV, go to the CV/Resume section of your Profile Updater and click on Delete next to the CV you want to update. Once removed, upload the new version of your CV by selecting the language in which your CV is written from the Upload another CV in drop-down menu and clicking on the Browse button to search your computer's file system for the document you wish to upload.

Once you have chosen the document, check the agreement box and select a visibility permission for your CV. Finally, click on the Save and update profile button.

Just make sure your CV is in .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, and is no larger than 250 KB.

Also, remember that ProZ.com uses multiple webservers to handle user traffic. When you upload anything via the Profile Updater page, it may take several minutes to become visible.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how it goes.

Bests,

Lucia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »