Barry Jones scam
Thread poster: Margherita Morichelli (X)
Margherita Morichelli (X)
Margherita Morichelli (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:06
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 13, 2011

Hi,

This Barry Jones guy (emails: barrytranslator @ hotmail.com and barryjjones64 @ hotmail.com) asked me to complete a translation (US Vital Records - from EN to IT) and once he received it, he disappeared. I later found out that the very day I sent him the email with my invoice, he deleted his profile from the website I found the project on. And few days later I also found out that another translator had my same experience and FOR THE EXACT SAME JOB. So, he asked at least two (or
... See more
Hi,

This Barry Jones guy (emails: barrytranslator @ hotmail.com and barryjjones64 @ hotmail.com) asked me to complete a translation (US Vital Records - from EN to IT) and once he received it, he disappeared. I later found out that the very day I sent him the email with my invoice, he deleted his profile from the website I found the project on. And few days later I also found out that another translator had my same experience and FOR THE EXACT SAME JOB. So, he asked at least two (or maybe more) translators to translate the exact same thing and then disappeared once received the completed job.

Just to let you all know... If you receive a job offer from this Barry Jones, located in Cornwall (UK), don't reply. If you'd like more details, please contact me privately.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:06
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Barry Jones Apr 13, 2011

This Barry Jones is very prolific (assuming it is always the same person) in the scamming activity. If you search the Net it goes from the british lottery, art works, bogus art fairs and... translation!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Barry Jones scam

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »