Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:01
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Ok: I need to learn how to use Translator Scammers site... Aug 24, 2015

Thanks all for you feedback. For your information the name given by the supposed client was Mme Aminata Sow Fall, email address [email protected].

I had been on to Translator Scammers and looked for her name - dumbly I did not look for her email. Yup it's in there... could have saved us all some time, but it advertises her activities

Thank
... See more
Thanks all for you feedback. For your information the name given by the supposed client was Mme Aminata Sow Fall, email address [email protected].

I had been on to Translator Scammers and looked for her name - dumbly I did not look for her email. Yup it's in there... could have saved us all some time, but it advertises her activities

Thanks again, Sian
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Requested edition not made.
Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
And Aug 24, 2015

Sian Cooper wrote:

Je préfère faire un paiement en 2 reprises à cause des frais de virement trop élevé dans mon pays.

Yep, everyone knows it's usually cheaper to send a given amount in two transactions than in one.

(and I suppose saving on that banking fee would be very important to someone with 13,000 EUR to spend.)

[Bearbeitet am 2015-08-24 15:02 GMT]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:01
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Looks like an overpayment scam Aug 24, 2015

Sian Cooper wrote:

Hi all. I have received a job inquiry from an outlook.fr email address. I shall hide the lady's name, in case it is real. She doesn't appear in the scammers directory, and it does not have all the usual features of a scam. Nonetheless, it is making my nose itch. Anyone else had something similar? Thoughts?

For the moment I have answered cautiously asking for more details, including details of the establishement/organisation/company she is working with, and a phone number; and to have a look at the doc.

Hi Sian,
This has all the look and feel of an advance payment/overpayment scam, but you did the right thing. Asking for verifiable contact information, and then checking this data will protect you from most scams.

Regards,
Enrique

Dominique Broady
Dominique Broady  Identity Verified
Netherlands
French to English
+ ...
I also received this email Aug 25, 2015

I received the same message the other day and I thought it sounded a bit suspicious. Thanks everyone for confirming my doubts!

Deniz Delidolu
Deniz Delidolu
Türkiye
Local time: 18:01
English to Turkish
+ ...
HOPE MONGERING Aug 6, 2018

These are the only hopeful traders. I came to a certain stage in this fraud case, but a little differently than Helene's.

First they are sending an information message about the business.

When you accept, they will send you a kind of the contract of translation documents,

and after you have scanned and sent the papers that you wrote on your name and address,

Then, they communicate with you immediately and request to you be quick for the ban
... See more
These are the only hopeful traders. I came to a certain stage in this fraud case, but a little differently than Helene's.

First they are sending an information message about the business.

When you accept, they will send you a kind of the contract of translation documents,

and after you have scanned and sent the papers that you wrote on your name and address,

Then, they communicate with you immediately and request to you be quick for the bank you contacted (I wrote this weekend and no bank official works on weekends).

I think just before that, he has prepared an e-mail content that he has arranged separately for me to write to thier bank.

He wanted to send this content to the bank's mail from my own mail. I'm at the point where I have rejected this wish. And I wrote that answer to him.

THEN I WROTE THAT IS BELOW;

According to my principle is that I do not share my information with third parties. Send me money directly from your own account. Then, I can do something for you..

Now I'm waiting for the answer but totally, I believed that is fake. IT'S A DAMN SCAM!!

After I have the last mail from them, I'll share the all mail details for others. Don't allow them to exploit your hopes.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you reckon - smells bad?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »