Urgent - NXT: Exchange>Pack icon grayed - impossible to pack?
Thread poster: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 25, 2011

I am delivering 3 files translated with Transit NXT 4.0 SP4.

Two files are packed and ready to go, but I cannot manage to pack the third one.
When I access the Project command, only the "Unpack" icon is available within the "Exchange" section of the ribbon, while the other icons, including "Pack Translation", are grayed and unresponsive.

I have saved and close language pairs and I cannot figure out what could be missing...

Any ideas?

Lu
... See more
I am delivering 3 files translated with Transit NXT 4.0 SP4.

Two files are packed and ready to go, but I cannot manage to pack the third one.
When I access the Project command, only the "Unpack" icon is available within the "Exchange" section of the ribbon, while the other icons, including "Pack Translation", are grayed and unresponsive.

I have saved and close language pairs and I cannot figure out what could be missing...

Any ideas?

Luca

[Edited at 2011-05-25 15:22 GMT]
Collapse

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:51
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit NXT: Pack translation button greyed out May 25, 2011

Hello,
just for the sake of clarity...did you receive a ppf file with three files to translate or three ppfs with one file each? If this is the case, if you pack the project and create a tpf, this should contain all three target files). If you want to double-check, open the .tpf with winzip and check if the three target files are contained in the archive file.
The Pack Translation button is greyed out only if no project is open.

Hope this helps
Roberto Bertuol
... See more
Hello,
just for the sake of clarity...did you receive a ppf file with three files to translate or three ppfs with one file each? If this is the case, if you pack the project and create a tpf, this should contain all three target files). If you want to double-check, open the .tpf with winzip and check if the three target files are contained in the archive file.
The Pack Translation button is greyed out only if no project is open.

Hope this helps
Roberto Bertuol

bit.ly/lo6dxD
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Three separate ppf May 25, 2011

Thank you Roberto,

actually I received three PPF files and was trying to save three separate TPF files. I opend each single project separately, saved, packed and closed it. The first two went fine, the third got stack. I did not think of the possibility of delivering the three separate packages received into one cumulative package.

The client seems to be happy with my solution, which is a ZIP of the project directory in place of the TPF for the unpackable project. Still
... See more
Thank you Roberto,

actually I received three PPF files and was trying to save three separate TPF files. I opend each single project separately, saved, packed and closed it. The first two went fine, the third got stack. I did not think of the possibility of delivering the three separate packages received into one cumulative package.

The client seems to be happy with my solution, which is a ZIP of the project directory in place of the TPF for the unpackable project. Still I am rather puzzled by this behavior, and I would not like this to happen with another client.

[Edited at 2011-05-25 15:23 GMT]
Collapse

msoutopico
msoutopico  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 14:51
English to Galician
+ ...
IsExchange May 25, 2011

Hi Luca,

Could you try changing the parameter IsExchange in the starte.ini file that you have in the Transit NXT\bin folder?

With the project closed, if it's set to 0 change it to 1 and vice versa. That might activate the buttons that you had grayed out.

Cheers, Manuel

Denes Nagy
Denes Nagy
Hungary
Local time: 15:51
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Suffering from the same issue Oct 16, 2012

Hello,

I have the same issue. All projects are packable except one that should be delievred today. Unfortunately there is no isExchange in the starte.ini, so this solution won't work here.

I was able to zip the translation folder, but don't know whether my client will be able to handle it or not.

Any better ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Denes

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
You can simply add non-existing parameters in the INI Oct 16, 2012

Denes Nagy wrote:

Unfortunately there is no isExchange in the starte.ini,

Just add it.

Hans

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:51
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Same problem - solved Mar 13, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I have just experienced the same issue. It probably depends on some errors importing the original project.

The quickest solution I could find is as follows:

- Unpack the original PPF in another folder and give the project a different name, to avoid overwriting it in the NXT database; then close Transit NXT
- Copy the folder containing the translated language pairs/files from the corrupt project to the new project, thus overwriting it.
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I have just experienced the same issue. It probably depends on some errors importing the original project.

The quickest solution I could find is as follows:

- Unpack the original PPF in another folder and give the project a different name, to avoid overwriting it in the NXT database; then close Transit NXT
- Copy the folder containing the translated language pairs/files from the corrupt project to the new project, thus overwriting it.
- Open Transit NXT and the new project; the "Pack" icon should be available. Check the translation to make sure that the translated files have been copied correctly, then pack, deliver and earn your well deserved money.

Fabio
Collapse

Just add it? Mar 13, 2013

Hans Lenting wrote:

Denes Nagy wrote:

Unfortunately there is no isExchange in the starte.ini,

Just add it.

Hans

What sense does it make to add a prj parameter to the starte.ini file?

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
not starte.ini Apr 10, 2013

"IsExchange May 25, 2011

Hi Luca,

Could you try changing the parameter IsExchange in the starte.ini file that you have in the Transit NXT\bin folder?

With the project closed, if it's set to 0 change it to 1 and vice versa. That might activate the buttons that you had grayed out.

Cheers, Manuel"

Not starte.ini, but the PRJ-file of the project.
It's in projects\customers\ or in projects\global or projects\users
It's alwa
... See more
"IsExchange May 25, 2011

Hi Luca,

Cheers, Manuel"

Not starte.ini, but the PRJ-file of the project.
It's in projects\customers\ or in projects\global or projects\users
It's always there.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - NXT: Exchange>Pack icon grayed - impossible to pack?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »