Thread poster: Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:24
Spanish to English
Mar 13, 2015

Something really strange is happening.

I get a Transit PXF file from my client, which contains a glossary. Since I don't like working in Transit, I load the Transit package into MemoQ and translate. Afterwards, I convert the PXF into a zip, locate the glossary file and convert the glossary file into an mtf file and load the file into Xbench to perform a terminology check.

For some strange reason, Xbench is giving me different terminology than when I load the exact s
... See more

I get a Transit PXF file from my client, which contains a glossary. Since I don't like working in Transit, I load the Transit package into MemoQ and translate. Afterwards, I convert the PXF into a zip, locate the glossary file and convert the glossary file into an mtf file and load the file into Xbench to perform a terminology check.

For some strange reason, Xbench is giving me different terminology than when I load the exact same file into Transit and view the glossary produced there. (i.e. "estampado" in Spanish comes up as "patterned" in Xbench, while in Transit "estampado" comes up as "printed").

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here?
Collapse

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Discrepancies between Xbench vs. Transit Mar 13, 2015

Hi Tiffany,

You should report this issue through the Xbench contact support at http://www.xbench.net/index.php/support/submit-bug.

Explain all steps in details and attach the file loaded in Xbench to check discrepancies.

Regards,

Oscar

oerjan
oerjan
German to Swedish
multiple terms Mar 15, 2015

Sometimes Transit only shows one target hit out of multiple for the same source term in the terminology window. Have you had a look at the glossary in Transits glossary tab, or even better, in TermStar (comes mostly bundled with Transit)?
FWIW,
Örjan

Tiffany Hardy wrote:

For some strange reason, Xbench is giving me different terminology than when I load the exact same file into Transit and view the glossary produced there. (i.e. "estampado" in Spanish comes up as "patterned" in Xbench, while in Transit "estampado" comes up as "printed").

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange problem: glossary term discrepancies Xbench vs. Transit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »