Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 09:54
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
Oct 12, 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I just downloaded the latest version of Transit 3.0 Satellite PE (Installation Build 267) from their official website and installed the software following steps with default settings on my system. My PC is DELL DIMENSION 4700 with 1 G memory and 80 G hardware. The OS is Win XP professional with the latest patches.

The installation process was no problem. However, after rebooting the machine as requested I clicked on the icon of Transit but it wouldn't s
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I just downloaded the latest version of Transit 3.0 Satellite PE (Installation Build 267) from their official website and installed the software following steps with default settings on my system. My PC is DELL DIMENSION 4700 with 1 G memory and 80 G hardware. The OS is Win XP professional with the latest patches.

The installation process was no problem. However, after rebooting the machine as requested I clicked on the icon of Transit but it wouldn't start.

A flash screen displayed and disappeared very quickly and nothing else followed. I tried several times with no result.

Then I installed the application on my laptop, a DELL Inspiron 510 running Win XP Home. The same thing happened.

I searched this forum and it seemed to me that nobody else has ever encountered the same problem.

I'm really embarrassed. Please help me with any information that may solve me this problem. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jianjun
Collapse

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 10:54
Membru (2003)
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Could the file have become corrupted during the download? Oct 12, 2005

Hi Jianjun,

Could the file have become corrupted when you downloaded it? Have you tried downloading the file again? Any other problems with downloading or uploading files recently?

Good luck,
Stefanie

Łukasz Liśkiewicz
Łukasz Liśkiewicz  Identity Verified
din germană în poloneză
+ ...
How to install Transit Oct 12, 2005

Hi Jianjun

Please try to create in MS Windows XP a new user account and than install Transit.
In account name no not use any special characters.

Lukasz

Jianjun Zhang
Regatul Unit
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Two different downloads Oct 13, 2005

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Hi Jianjun,

Could the file have become corrupted when you downloaded it? Have you tried downloading the file again? Any other problems with downloading or uploading files recently?

Good luck,
Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for your advice. But I used two separate downloads, one of which is from official website of Transit, the other from my client's ftp server. Besides, the program installed with no problem, just can't start. No other downloading or uploading problems. So strange.

Jianjun

Jianjun Zhang
Regatul Unit
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Already tried this. :( Oct 13, 2005

£ukasz Liœkiewicz wrote:

Hi Jianjun

Please try to create in MS Windows XP a new user account and than install Transit.
In account name no not use any special characters.

Lukasz

Dear Lukasz,

Thanks. I tried this. My account name is just my English name with no strange characters. But the problem continues on both my desktop and laptop. I tried to capture a screen shot and see what's that flash screen is, and found it's just the first-time setup dialog. However, strange as it may be, the dialog box can't stay on the screen.

Is this because of my Win XP system was corrupted already by some software?

Jianjun.

Jianjun Zhang
Regatul Unit
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
OS Re-installation Oct 13, 2005

Dear All,

As my last resort, I reinstalled my OS on laptop and it works. But dare not to do the same to my desktop as my notebook is used as a backup. It seems Transit is not friendly with some software I previously installed. My client suggests anti-virus software.

Best,
Jianjun

[Edited at 2005-10-13 03:34]

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Franţa
Utilizator
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
Install Transit and then immediately SP267 Oct 13, 2005

Hi, Jianjun,

I had some hard times with Transit 3.0 Smart - but it works perfectly now.

After you have installed the program, you should neither start it, nor should you restart your computer: you should immediately install SP267. Only after that should you restart your computer.

Good luck,
Attila

[Edited at 2005-10-13 05:29]

Jianjun Zhang
Regatul Unit
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
My version is free. Oct 13, 2005

Attila Piróth wrote:

Hi, Jianjun,

I had some hard times with Transit 3.0 Smart - but it works perfectly now.

After you have installed the program, you should neither start it, nor should you restart your computer: you should immediately install SP267. Only after that should you restart your computer.

Good luck,
Attila

[Edited at 2005-10-13 05:29]

Dear Attila,

Thanks for the suggestion. But mine is the free translator's version. I am considering reinstalling my Win XP on my desktop if I have time to backup everything I have. Thank you just the same. Other colleagues may find your suggestion useful too.

Jianjun

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[HELP!] Transit 3.0 Satellite PE Won't start

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »