Off topic: Define yourself in 140 characters
投稿者: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
アルゼンチン
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Oct 3, 2011

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

You may all have heard about Twitter: a social media platform where users can send unlimited messages (tweets) but with limited number of characters (140). I thought it would be fun and challenging to try to use that character limit to provide a concise definition of oneself. Here is the challenge:

You have an opportunity to introduce/define yourself to the world and you only have 140 characters to do so (including spaces). What would your words be?

Post your message here or send it via Twitter @ProZ.com..

Romina

Note: this is not restricted to Twitter users. Everyone can participate.

Esther van der Wal
Esther van der Wal  Identity Verified
オランダ
Local time: 17:06
2010に入会
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
Tagline Oct 3, 2011

I currently use this as a tagline:

Inspired lover of life, music and coffee. Explorer of identities at IdentiTales. Writer, editor and translator at Redactiebureau Sterk.

It is, of course, not a full definition of me, but it scratches the surface in a good way

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
アルゼンチン
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nice! Oct 3, 2011

And you even have 5 more characters to use. Good job.

Thanks for sharing.

Romina

Jiang Xia
Jiang Xia  Identity Verified
中国
2011に入会
英語 から 中国語
"Define yourself in 140 characters" Oct 4, 2011

I am a native Chinese freelance translator. being an English to Chinese translator for 6 years, Music lover and good writer. detail—oriented and patient.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
スペイン
2005に入会
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
My go at it Oct 4, 2011

"The kind of person who would spend two days trying to describe himself in 140 characters, only to find that he would need 140 more."

(Edited for a typo.)

[Edited at 2011-10-04 08:28 GMT]

Esther van der Wal
Esther van der Wal  Identity Verified
オランダ
2010に入会
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
Like Oct 4, 2011

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

"The kind of person who would spent two days trying to describe himself in 140 characters, only to find that he would need 140 more."

Ha, I really like that one

Vera Schoen
Vera Schoen  Identity Verified
スウェーデン
2008に入会
ドイツ語 から スウェーデン語
+ ...
In a nutshell Oct 4, 2011

I am a person who dislikes closed doors and to close them.

Mihaela Buruiana
Mihaela Buruiana  Identity Verified
ルーマニア
Local time: 18:06
2011に入会
英語 から ルーマニア語
+ ...
I liked it, too. :) Oct 4, 2011

Esther van der Wal wrote:

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

"The kind of person who would spent two days trying to describe himself in 140 characters, only to find that he would need 140 more."

Ha, I really like that one

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
ドイツ
2011に入会
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Just this... Oct 4, 2011

Pathologically curious, wanting to learn everything from aerospace to breeding zebras. Loves to translate to be exposed to new topics.

Gianluca Attoli
Gianluca Attoli  Identity Verified
イタリア
メンバー
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
My turn Oct 4, 2011

I maybe tend to take questions literally sometimes, but I believe I am quite good at describing myself in 140 characters, as I’ve just done.

このフォーラムには、モデレータが指定されていません。
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Define yourself in 140 characters

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »