interpreter's research
投稿者: Alexander Dunitz (X)
Alexander Dunitz (X)
Alexander Dunitz (X)
Local time: 13:34
英語 から イタリア語
Feb 4, 2005

Hi,
where can I start gathering info on an interpreting assignment? I have a presentation for university on thursday regarding the interpreter's research and it's relevance to practice. I imagined a situation of an old lady that has an appointment with the doctor for a check-up, after a serious operation. (She obviously doesn't speak English) How can I start my research? Where do I look?
Thanks
Alex

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
スペイン
Local time: 13:34
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
I'm a bit confused Feb 4, 2005

You're interpreting a presentation on interpreting? Or you're giving a presentation on interpreting?

For what it's worth, anyway, this is one of the most comprehensive preparation portals. At the very least, it'll give you an idea on the types of material we work with.

PS: Sorry, the pasted link doesn't work. But search GlossPost by selecting
... See more
You're interpreting a presentation on interpreting? Or you're giving a presentation on interpreting?

For what it's worth, anyway, this is one of the most comprehensive preparation portals. At the very least, it'll give you an idea on the types of material we work with.

PS: Sorry, the pasted link doesn't work. But search GlossPost by selecting any EU combination and putting "JCIS" as a keyword.

[Edited at 2005-02-04 15:56]
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
米国
Local time: 04:34
英語 から アラビア語
+ ...
Try this revised URL for accessing that website Feb 4, 2005

Greetings.

Try this revised URL to access and scout that intersting website

http://scic.cec.eu.int/DAI/

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H.Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdish, and Farsi)
San Pedro, California, USA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpreter's research

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »