投稿者: Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
フランス
Local time: 10:41
英語 から フランス語
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

Something really strange is happening to me: since a few days, OmegaT (version 2.5.3 running under the latest Ubuntu) doesn't display any tags anymore.
I didn't update OmegaT, I just ran the usual Ubuntu updates. I cannot say exactly what I did.

These tags do exist in the source file, and they seem to be ignored. The exported file also proves this (the information conveyed by the tags has been erased).

Please note that this happened in the middle of a translation
... See more
Something really strange is happening to me: since a few days, OmegaT (version 2.5.3 running under the latest Ubuntu) doesn't display any tags anymore.
I didn't update OmegaT, I just ran the usual Ubuntu updates. I cannot say exactly what I did.

These tags do exist in the source file, and they seem to be ignored. The exported file also proves this (the information conveyed by the tags has been erased).

Please note that this happened in the middle of a translation project: one day it had tags, and the next day it didn't. The data in the OmegaT TM still had the tags, though.

What could be going on ? Did anybody encounter the same problem ?
Thank you !
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 04:41
ロシア語 から 英語
+ ...
"Remove tags"? Aug 24, 2012

Have you got the "Remove tags" option checked (in Tools)?
That's all I can think of.

Ronja Addams-Moring
Ronja Addams-Moring  Identity Verified
フィンランド
Local time: 11:41
フィンランド語 から スウェーデン語
+ ...
Change in OmegaT to Project > Properties > Remove Tags Aug 16, 2013

Tangentially: In case someone else also has gotten confused, "Remove Tags" is no more under "Tools" in OmegaT.

Instead, "Remove Tags" is now a project property feature, so if you need this feature please use:

Project > Properties > Remove Tags
or
Ctrl E and check Remove Tags.

It is much harder to use accidentally, which is a plus, but also somewhat harder to find.

このフォーラムには、モデレータが指定されていません。
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

No tags displayed anymore

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »