Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you update your ProZ.com availability calendar?
投稿者: ProZ.com Staff
Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
オランダ
Local time: 09:13
2016に入会
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
Once a week, or more often if needed Nov 7, 2016

I have irregular working hours, and I mainly use the ProZ calendar to inform my regular (agency) clients about my availability.

Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
ブラジル
Local time: 04:13
スペイン語 から ポルトガル語
+ ...
Never Nov 7, 2016

I have several jobs everyday, so I'm always busy. But it doesn't mean I cannot take another job. Everything depends on how interesting and feasible a job offer is (rate, content, word count, deadline, client, if they say "please", my mood...).

In addition, I really don't believe any of my clients access my ProZ profile before sending me a job offer. And even if they do, if my clients really need to offer me a job, they won't mind about a red color in a calendar - they will want to h
... See more
I have several jobs everyday, so I'm always busy. But it doesn't mean I cannot take another job. Everything depends on how interesting and feasible a job offer is (rate, content, word count, deadline, client, if they say "please", my mood...).

In addition, I really don't believe any of my clients access my ProZ profile before sending me a job offer. And even if they do, if my clients really need to offer me a job, they won't mind about a red color in a calendar - they will want to hear I'm on a red day from myself.

[Editada em 2016-11-08 03:31 GMT]
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
デンマーク
2003に入会
デンマーク語 から 英語
+ ...
I keep my calendar as red as possible... Nov 7, 2016

I update it when I know what I will be doing on certain days, so it is usually red at weekends and holidays and days when I know I am out or busy.

As jobs come in, I mark the calendar red for the time I expect to take on them, and leave it grey for the rest. If I have a long-term job that will not keep me fully occupied, I sometimes mark a period in orange or even yellow to show I have not simply forgotten to update my calendar.

I never go as far as marking it green.... See more
I update it when I know what I will be doing on certain days, so it is usually red at weekends and holidays and days when I know I am out or busy.

As jobs come in, I mark the calendar red for the time I expect to take on them, and leave it grey for the rest. If I have a long-term job that will not keep me fully occupied, I sometimes mark a period in orange or even yellow to show I have not simply forgotten to update my calendar.

I never go as far as marking it green.

I don't think it makes much difference. The dot in the directory always seems to be dark green. (Does it just show when I am online? I don't check very often.) Clients send enquiries without checking my availability anywhere, except occasionally the two clients whose calendars I update because there is a chance they may look at it!
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
スペイン
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Ooft Nov 7, 2016

My what now?
But seriously, ditto what Muriel said.
I don't usually have much room for new clients on the roster anyway, but leaving it permanently "fully booked" seems a bit extreme...

[Edited at 2016-11-07 18:35 GMT]

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
ブラジル
Local time: 04:13
2014に入会
英語 から ポルトガル語
+ ...
More than monthly Nov 8, 2016

At least monthly, but I usually change it around during the month, as the work load changes.

Nevertheless, I don't think anybody (outsourcers) use it as a reference or even look at it. The colors in my calendar never made a difference in the amount of e-mails or job proposals I receive.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you update your ProZ.com availability calendar?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »