投稿者: Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Writec Srl
イタリア
Local time: 23:39
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
Aug 7, 2008

Former user of SDLX, I've always used HTML filter to translate Robohelp HTML files. No problem at all.

Now that I've upgraded both SDLX and Robohelp (now in Unicode characters..) I have troubles.

Really the source HTML code is not clean, coming from old Word files, is rich of tables, characters as right-double-quote, left-double-quote, Wingdings, , Symbols and so on.

I've replaced all Wingdings and Symbols with HTML characters and at least the SDLX Editor
... See more
Former user of SDLX, I've always used HTML filter to translate Robohelp HTML files. No problem at all.

Now that I've upgraded both SDLX and Robohelp (now in Unicode characters..) I have troubles.

Really the source HTML code is not clean, coming from old Word files, is rich of tables, characters as right-double-quote, left-double-quote, Wingdings, , Symbols and so on.

I've replaced all Wingdings and Symbols with HTML characters and at least the SDLX Editor now is more clean.

The problem is that the HTML filter, maybe with this "mess" of strange chars, seems that change the HTML output. So I've tried to use standard WBF but I see that it segment lines not at '.' but it segment lines in the same way the lines appear in HTML code file.
Example:
In HTML preview:
"Today is a nice day, warm and sunny"

in HTML code :
"(p)Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny.(\p)"

and the same in SDLX editor
"Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny"

Can you tell me how I can modify the WBF filter in order to tell it to ignore the segmentation in the code but use only the standard segmentation rules?

Thank you
Vilma
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
ドイツ
2004に入会
英語 から スロヴェニア語
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
check source for hard returns Aug 7, 2008

possibly the previewer ignores them (it's neither {\br} nor [\p]) but they may unneccessarily segment the.

Writec Srl
Writec Srl
イタリア
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But no [\br] in the line Aug 7, 2008

Hi Vito, thank you for answer me.

In the Code editor, I can see only the [p] and [\p] at the end. No [br], as I was expecting to see, too.

It seems that HTML filter just read the full sentence unti the segment char (in this case '.'). While the WBF filter segments when the sentence goes into the new line, but in the Editor..

Despite of having programmed computers for quite 20 years, I don't know perfectly HTML code. But I told you what I see in the editor..
... See more
Hi Vito, thank you for answer me.

In the Code editor, I can see only the [p] and [\p] at the end. No [br], as I was expecting to see, too.

It seems that HTML filter just read the full sentence unti the segment char (in this case '.'). While the WBF filter segments when the sentence goes into the new line, but in the Editor..

Despite of having programmed computers for quite 20 years, I don't know perfectly HTML code. But I told you what I see in the editor....without "" of course..

"(p)Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny.(\p)"

And this creates two segments with WBF and only one (correct) with HTML.

Any other ideas?

Vilma
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 WBF filter segment sentences while HTML filter not

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »