Multiterm: index field is same as in Excel, but still "encounters irregularities during import"
投稿者: madoka-k
madoka-k
madoka-k
日本
Local time: 17:35
日本語 から 英語
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi all,

I used "Multiterm Convert" to convert an Excel glossary to a termbase to be used in Multiterm.
All went good but when importing the termbase created into Multiterm, i got an error says:

"Multiterm encountered irregularities during import. Please check the information in the log file."

I saw the following topic, and made sure my index fields had the same names as my Excel table columns.
... See more
Hi all,

I used "Multiterm Convert" to convert an Excel glossary to a termbase to be used in Multiterm.
All went good but when importing the termbase created into Multiterm, i got an error says:

"Multiterm encountered irregularities during import. Please check the information in the log file."

I saw the following topic, and made sure my index fields had the same names as my Excel table columns.
(http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/105434-does_not_conform_to_the_target_termbase_definition.html#861815)

but still i got the same error:(

log file says:
Original Entry Number Action Entry Number in Termbase
-1 Does not conform to the target termbase definition.
Reason: The entry is invalid.
Source: MtTermbase

Total entries processed: 0
Total entries added: 0
Total entries merged: 0
Total entries omitted: 0
Total entries written to the output file: 0
---------------

I'm stuck.
Does anyone know what I may have done wrong?
Thank you

Madoka
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
英国
Local time: 10:35
英語
Maybe not an index field Aug 12, 2014

Hi,

Your termbase seems to have a different definition to the content of the converted spreadsheet you have used. So perhaps a picklist with undefined values for example?

If you can't resolve it I'd be happy to take a look?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

madoka-k
madoka-k
日本
日本語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will send you email Aug 13, 2014

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your kindness.
I will send you the excel file.

Regards,
Madoka

madoka-k
madoka-k
日本
日本語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Aug 23, 2014

Thanks to Paul, the problem was solved.
Instead of using MultiTerm Convert, use Glossary Converter.
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/glossaryconverter-476.html#46146

It's really quite simple.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm: index field is same as in Excel, but still "encounters irregularities during import"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »