Trados Segmentation Problem
投稿者: Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Local time: 22:14
日本語 から トルコ語
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

One of my clients has sent me a pre-segmented file for translation. File (each line) is in following format:

{0>English sentence here{>0

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
ドイツ
Local time: 21:14
2003に入会
ポーランド語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Don´t use "less then" in Fora Jan 14, 2005

Your post got truncated due to the usage of wrong signs (less then).
I have edited this a bit and post it hereafter:

One of my clients has sent me a pre-segmented file for translation. File (each line) is in following format: {0_English sentence here{_0_}English sentence here_0} Notice that source segment and target segment are identical (both are in English). Quite a portion of these segments are already in my TM but when I "Translate to fuzzy" Trados sees that there already is a target segment and stops. So I have to manually get translation from TM on every segment and as there is no keyboard shortcut for "Get Translation", this is pretty painful. In short, I'd like to be able to translate to fuzzy, ignoring target sentences in file and getting translations in my TM. Is this doable? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all, Haluk NOTE: I have Trados FL 6.5 & MS Word 2003

Regards
Jerzy

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
ドイツ
ドイツ語 から 英語
+ ...
Clean it Jan 14, 2005

Hello,

clean it and translate again.

With kind regards

Hans

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
ポーランド
英語 から ポーランド語
+ ...
A substitute for the "illegal" character Jan 14, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Your post got truncated due to the usage of wrong signs (less then).
I have edited this a bit and post it hereafter:

Maybe the double angle quotation mark (Alt+0171, or «) could be used instead?

I understand that "greater than" can be used and does not cause truncation?

Regs,

Piotr

espurna
espurna
スペイン
2005に入会
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Cleaning is not always the way Jan 14, 2005

Hans advises to clean the file. Yes, a solution if there is nothing translated. If something was already translated, after cleaning you will have a translation instead the source segment.
When this happens to me, I ask the customer to send the file again without pre-translating. The problem is originated for an analysis or pre-translation with "Copy source on no match" option checked. When you explain the problem, most customers (perhaps even all of them) will understand the issue and so t
... See more
Hans advises to clean the file. Yes, a solution if there is nothing translated. If something was already translated, after cleaning you will have a translation instead the source segment.
When this happens to me, I ask the customer to send the file again without pre-translating. The problem is originated for an analysis or pre-translation with "Copy source on no match" option checked. When you explain the problem, most customers (perhaps even all of them) will understand the issue and so they will not do it again in the future.

Hope this helps.

Joaquim
Collapse

Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Local time: 22:14
日本語 から トルコ語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I by-passed this problem... Jan 15, 2005

I had to keep client's original segmentation; so cleaning up the file was not an option at least was no the best option.

First I copied everything in file and pasted in Notepad. Hidden text and delimeters etc. disappeared. Than I pasted text from notepad in to Word. There I had everything to be translated. To keep client's segmentation, I temporarily removed all segmentation rules except the one for paragraph mark.

Regards,
Haluk

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Segmentation Problem

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »